Iran Strike By US Scheduled For 6th April 2007

Discussion in 'Politics' started by THE-BEAKER, Mar 30, 2007.

1. TM1

TM1

A few observations;

We (the US) do not purchase any oil from Iran.

Those that advocate the nuke and pave approach must be wiling to pay $8 a gallon or better at the pump I presume? Joe Consumer won't be too thrilled about that.

Iran's oil supply is under question and if the reports of it's decline in a realtively short term are true, we can see why they are becoming more and more desperate.

Iran taking those hostages shows the world that they can and will do such things, while the UN the US , the UK and all of the nuclear capable nations sit by and do exactly nothing. They are stepping across a line in the sand in defiance, and they are not being shoved back across. This makes them look like tough guys in their eyes and the eyes of the Arab world.

If Thatcher were still running things in the UK, the entire British Navy would likley be parked off the coast with an SAS team gettting ready to go in.

#21     Mar 30, 2007
  2. Oh come on, it's pretty obvious what a hawk you are and that you believe almost everything that is said by the Bush administration & Fox news.

Look, whatever the real story was in the waters, we will never truly know. This is just another one of those incidents that will remain "fuzzy" such as Lusitania sinking, Pearl Harbor, Gulf of Tomkin incident and dare I say it, 9/11.

Plain and simple we're going to war with Iran, it's been obvious for 1-2 years.

The part I can't figure out is why Iran is playing right into this.

#22     Mar 30, 2007
  3. Joab

Joab

Your certainly right about that !!!!

They didn't call her the Iron Lady for nothing.

Great at War but lousy with business.

#23     Mar 30, 2007
  4. TM1
    I think that you are confusing Las Malvinas with Iran.

#24     Mar 30, 2007
  5. Joab

Joab

Because they are strong enough to beat us now.

face it US military is spread too thin and nobody likes the US anymore, Bush saw to that , so don't expect support from anyone but Canadians, Brits and Aussies.

We are not going to win this one and Iran will control Oil flow.

Face the facts folks!

#25     Mar 30, 2007
  6. hear hear.send in the sas.
    cant do a worse job than the americans did in 79/80.
    they sent in their delta force pussies and they crashed twice in the middle of nowhere and some got catpured.

bloody useless

#26     Mar 30, 2007
  7. TM1

TM1

No, I don't see any confusion in my post. I used to be a Briton and I do not believe Thatcher would stand for this.

#27     Mar 30, 2007
  8. the reason is they probably believe it will happen at some point and so do most people around the world. its almost as if it is destined to happen.

let it happen.then its over and everybody can pick up the pieces and move on.

#28     Mar 30, 2007
  9. Bullet

Bullet

WELL SAID!!! I second this idea.

#29     Mar 30, 2007
  10. I would beg to differ. Her successful fight against the unions and the entrenched labor system are precisely what helped spark Britain's economy from 80s onward. Prior to her breaking labor's hold on the economy, Britain's GDP was 20% lower than France's with a similar population. Today, Britain's GDP is 20% higher than France's again with a similar population.

If PM Thatcher was lousy with business, then I'd say France needs some of that same 'lousy' medicine.

#30     Mar 30, 2007