Iran Shines It On

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DrawDown, Aug 22, 2006.

1. No, you misunderstood me. What I actually meant was if a nuke is detonated in a US/Israeli/European city (no matter who actually does it, Iran, Hezbollah, Al-Qaeda), if there is a solid proof that the nuke was manufactured in N. Korea (and I am pretty positive nuclear scientists can figure that out) - then the West will not only retaliate against the perpetrator but will also obliterate N. Korea. At least I hope so and I do hope that this is the kind of message western governments send to KJI through back channels.

#31     Aug 23, 2006
  2. Do,

I am more scared of loonies getting their hands on spent radioactive material from the Russian Federation or in pakistan. With the level of corruption in Russia, it maybe just a matter of money. As for pakistan, they seem to be the breeding ground of loonies. I read somewhere, can't remember the source right away, that many of the pakistani secret service agents are sympathetic to alqueda and may aid them with contraband.

As for Israel, their recent misadventure has cost them dearly. However, I am sure they want to win back their reputation as that is the deterence factor. In order to do that, Israel probably has to do something drastic and an attack against Iran maybe just what the doctor ordered. Logistically though Israel will have to fly over the Saudi airspace, which given the perilious position the house of saud is in, will be a difficult proposition. There are always other routes, but after the first sortie, it will be very difficult.

One thing about the arabs though, they have never been real friends with each other. If they were, they could have banded together, pooled their resources and obliterated Israel many decades ago. However, their centuries old tradition of fighting against each other has been their cause of downfall, and perhaps will remain the number one reason why they will lag behind Israel.

Just some thoughts.

#32     Aug 23, 2006