Iran Shines It On

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DrawDown, Aug 22, 2006.

1. I agree, my only contention was that it is the UN and Europeans not the US who are being humiliated by Iran. Other than that you're right, this country or more likely Israel will eventually have to enforce the non-proliferation treaty while the Europeans and Kofi Annan will be begging to give diplomacy another chance.

#11     Aug 22, 2006
  2. What gives Israel to enforce a treaty which it is not even a part of?

188 sovereign states are parties to the treaty, however, two (India and Pakistan) out of seven confirmed nuclear powers (i.e., those that have openly tested nuclear weapons), and one possible nuclear power (Israel) have not ratified the treaty.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_Non-Proliferation_Treaty

#12     Aug 22, 2006
  3. Pakistanis sold nuke technology to rogue states. Pakistan is a perpetual hot bed of terrorists. Yet, they have not be obliterated...

The reason why I raised the possibility of NK selling nukes to Iran is because...

http://www.time.com/time/asia/magazine/article/0,13673,501030714-463132,00.html

#13     Aug 22, 2006
  4. It was a joke about enforcing the treaty. Seriously though the Iranian rhetoric about wiping Israel off the map coupled with their obvious intention to go nuclear gives Israel more than enough military, political and moral justifications to preemptively attack Iran IMO. Does it break the international law? You bet it does, according to the law Israel would only be allowed to attack Iran after a nuclear bomb explodes in Tel Aviv. Something tells me the Israelis will not want to wait that long, something tells me that citizens of any other country would not either.

#14     Aug 22, 2006
  5. They sold nuclear technology, I responded to your previous post in which you were talking about selling nuclear BOMBS. If a "Made in Pakistan" nuclear bomb explodes in this country - Pakistan will most likely be obliterated. Then again Pakistan is cooperating now, N, Korea is not which can make a major difference in potential retaliations.

#15     Aug 22, 2006
  6. Unfortunately, BlueHorseShoe has it right.

The parallels with Nazi Germany are striking:

(1) Fanatical Fascist ideology. Hitler co-opted "nationalism" to legitamize Fascism...
    Iran is co-opting "God" to legitamize Fascism.

(2) Extemely imperialistic goals.
    Hitler wanted all of Europe to Siberia...
    Iran wants entire Muslim world from North Africa to Indonesia.

(3) Appeasement by Europe and the UN.
    Jacques Chirac and Kofi Annan make Nelson Chamberlain look like a stud.

(4) Belief that America will not fight.
    Iran believes the US shot it's bolt in Iraq. Wrong.
    They have actually positioned 150,000 troops plus massive high-tech support on the Iranian border.

(5) No compromise on part of Fascism.
    Hitler had to be killed. He was nuts. Germany had to be destroyed to get him.
    The mullahs in Iran welcome death. They wallow in the "cult of death". They will never compromise or surrender.

STRATEGIC CONCLUSION

Either Iran will be allowed to seize control of half the world and most of it's oil...
    Or Tehran will look like Hiroshima when it's over.

Nuclear gamesmanship is a fairly precise science...
    With well defined doctrines for deterence, first strike, etc.

All nuclear doctrine demands that Iran be stopped...
    Destroyed if necessary...
    Because nukes cannot fall into the hands of an fascist regime with genocidal and uber-imperialistic goals.

Whoever the US President or Israeli PM is...
    He/she will have no choice but to push the button.

I feel sorry for the Persian race...
    Because about half of them are gonna die before this is over.

#16     Aug 22, 2006
  7. Unfortunately, we won't know where it came from. And I doubt there would be support for a retaliatory strike against a defenseless civilian population. The liberals and media in this country think Bush should be tried in The Hague for letting dogs bark at terrorist detainees at gitmo. Suddenly they will get behind incinerating 10 million Paki muslims? I doubt it. Plus, the government of whatever country that supplied such a bomb would first deny it and then, if presented with unassailable proof, claim that a rogue element had done it.

#17     Aug 22, 2006
  8. Dddooo,

You make excellent points, and I am very pleased that the "negotiations" (appeasement) did not work, only because I don't think that Europe should try to pay off Iran to keep them from enriching uranium (which would have worked as well as it did for N. Korea).

But I think Iran is laughing in our face as well as the Europeans.

#18     Aug 22, 2006
  9. bsmeter

bsmeter

MORON alert. Another paper-trader-want-to-be.

Obviously too shit-dumb to do anything but play with play-money. Either that, or another subversive Jew leeching off the blood of Christian children.

#19     Aug 22, 2006
  10. bsmeter

bsmeter

#20     Aug 22, 2006