Iran Setting Up Oil Trade Exchange In Euros

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by libertad, Nov 4, 2005.

1. No, I've never seen South Park. There's nothing called "south" here, it's all north. Have you ever heard of South Toronto? Look on the map, there's no such thing. Have you seen this article?:

http://www.peacemagazine.org/archive/v09n2p20.htm

We won the war in 1812, we can do it again eh.

#51     Nov 24, 2005
  2. #52     Nov 24, 2005
  3. Hey, why do you think we don't have Thanksgiving today like you guys. While you're busy watching football and eating turkey you can't see us secretly buying up as many Euros as we can.

#53     Nov 24, 2005
  4. Seems like this is starting early

http://www.mehrnews.com/en/NewsDetail.aspx?NewsID=260851

"TEHRAN, Dec. 2 (MNA) - The Chairman of the Majlis Energy Commission, Kamal Daneshyar said here, on Friday, that preparatory measures have been taken to sell oil in euros instead of dollar, adding that such a measure is quite positive and should be taken as soon as possible."

Maybe this is the real reason for all the shrill nuke allegations.

#54     Dec 4, 2005
  5. Pabst

Pabst

I haven't noticed the dollar exactly plummeting on the news. Not to mention, what makes you think the Admin wants a new macro cycle of dollar strength?

#55     Dec 4, 2005
  6. Somehow France is involved in this. I would guess France has sold out Europe and will demand appeasement towards Iran's Nuclear program. France has based everything on the Euro and can not afford to let it die quickly. They will do whatever to keep it viable. If it were to go away the Franc would have to stand on it's own and with France going down the tubes it doesn't stand a chance.

With "allies" like France who needs enemies??

John

#56     Dec 4, 2005
  7. wincorp

wincorp

Didn't Saddam have the same idea?

#57     Dec 4, 2005
  8. let it be so. in a couple of years, we'll be paying 5 dollars a barrel.

#58     Dec 4, 2005
  9. Tecno

Tecno

Old news but to update this subject.....

Iran was live testing their IOB trading program when numerous undersea cables were cut, and overnight all of the Middle East's internet went silent for days. This tried to exemplify that the platforms are built on an unreliable system of clout. Expected 2006, but due to setbacks, it was released February 2008 incomplete with currently no oil trading.

I believe this outage was an obvious precursor by the U.S. toward Iran. The truth is the petro-dollar is a strong <b>weapon</b> and we should have control over <i>our</i> fragile markets (secret internet missions & oil wars enter here unfortunately).

P.S. previous posts are from 2005 I applaud their vision!

#59     Apr 8, 2008