Iran sells oil in yen for Japan

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Pekelo, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Clearly you don't understand the oil markets. The volume of oil imported from Iraq into the US is a drop in the bucket compared to Canada, Saudi Arabia, Mexico and Venezuela, in that order.

#11     Sep 11, 2007
  2. dhpar

dhpar

thanks for a compliment. Looking at the map Saudi Arabia is Middle East - or maybe am I getting old...? Maybe you are forgetting that Saddam did not exactly love House of Saud...?

Agree that Canada is the most important - but it is irrelevant from energy security perspective because it is SAFE. Mexico basically too. Venezuela not very friendly but they have a very sour oil which only US refineries can eat - so it is not that big security issue after all.

It is a marginal production that matters - and this is ruled by countries that are not safe (or may become unsafe) by definition.

:cool: ever thinking about changing your name?

#12     Sep 11, 2007
  3. Cesko

Cesko

next time tell us something more interesting...are you czech by the way?
    Well you need more interesting subject then.Not worn-out non-sense about how Iranians are gonna hurt the U.S.. Your response is off the subject anyway.
    I am Czech.

#13     Sep 12, 2007
  4. dhpar

dhpar

well you decided to participate in the thread in the first place. i would expect that you had something to say - i was wrong.
    anyway I like czechs. :)

#14     Sep 12, 2007
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

I think I read 4 or so...

This is nothing new on Iran's part, they have been thinking about this for at least 5 years. And why is it anti-american to objectively asses a situation??

As an endnote, Halliburton was doing busioness with them despite the sanctions....

Now to keep the thread on topic, Iran is going to be less and less of a major oil exporter. Currently they are producing 4 mbd oil and using 1.5 of it, but this ratio is going to grow to the disadvantage of exports and in 5-10 years Iran won't be able to export anything if the current trend stays the same...

#15     Sep 12, 2007
  6. maxpi

maxpi

This seems to be a pattern in the ME, Iraq was a net importer of food and Iran imports gasoline....

#16     Sep 12, 2007
  7. Cesko

Cesko

This is nothing new on Iran's part, they have been thinking about this for at least 5 years. And why is it anti-american to objectively asses a situation??

Because of this:
    Yeah, the correct translation of the Iranian nukes is: Tehran oilbourse. For some strange reasons (technical difficulties my ass) it still hasn't opened....

I don't believe Americans get worked up over "potential" Tehran oil exchange. Do you know how hard it is to "steal" liquidity from established players??? Besides bunch of other things like political, economical situation in Iran etc. Is it objective to say Americans are trying to harm Iran economically Iran because the "potential" oil exchange? Not at all,IMO.
    I agree with quotes in your first post so I am not alone thinking along these lines.
    I think I am objective because despite whatever I said, personally I don't agree Americans should bother with Iran anyway.

P.S. Regarding your trading posts I have yet to see one to disagree about.

#17     Sep 12, 2007
  8. Cesko

Cesko

Well you decided to participate in responding to my posts which say nothing. I would expect you to give me an argument but instead you decided to go off topic so you can attack me. I guess you might like Czechs but you definitely don't like my opinions.
    Anyway I like you too wherever you are from. I just checked and found out I was correct assuming you were British.Why I don't know.

#18     Sep 12, 2007
  9. dhpar

dhpar

I am sorry you feel that way - it was certainly not meant like that.

yep. I think it is wrong to say it is about oilbourse. of course it is about nukes. with nukes the energy security in middle east is endangered in the eyes of current administration (to say the least). the same was true about saddam.

#19     Sep 12, 2007
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

Americans don't, the US government, yes. There is a huge difference.

The last guy who switched (Saddam) got ran over. The US government won't allow that major players in the oilbusiness would use anything but dollars...

#20     Sep 12, 2007