Iran NOT trying to develop a nuclear weapon~Leon Panetta

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DemZad, Jan 10, 2012.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

lol.

They say the mean IQ is the United States is 100 and the standard deviation is 20. I would say you are a left-gaussian-tail kind of guy because I can't recall you *ever* uttering a single intelligent sentence.

I don't like AK-47 and get into it with him pretty regularly but you make him look like Robert Oppenheimer by comparison. You're just so painfully stupid. When you post it reminds me that this country is doomed.

I sincerely hope you've had a vasectomy. The idea that you might produce progeny is really frightening.

Lucrum summed you up nicely years ago.

#11     Jan 10, 2012
  2. You dodged his question...and if you are seriously attempting to cast aspersions at anyone's intellect, start with your own.

#12     Jan 10, 2012
  3. Ahhh, 377, he is legit. I have the proof.

Like 666, who defended me, even tho we Jefferson and Hamilton. I am telling you he is legit. I thought you were of the Vietnam era, so I had really high respect for you, but you were a true soldier and clarified that. That is how we roll. So big props to you. Carter's Air Force is no less important.

DAS, is the real deal. He did serve. I am but a lowly medic, the kicker in the Armed Forces, but he did serve.

#13     Jan 10, 2012
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I don't question your intellect. I question your veracity and your honor.

You have difficulty with dichotomies. Panetta did not make up his military service so he is not profoundly dishonest. Alongside that is his history of saying what his boss wants him to say regardless of how inaccurate. Those two things exist simultaneously. The world isn't binary DAS.

I continued by noting that Iran is shooting for 20% purity which is quite far from weapons grade. That is my speculation as to why the Obama regime is saying they (Iran) aren't near to having functioning nuclear weapons.

Not terribly complex and quite coherent. I read your posts carefully. Maybe you could read mine carefully.

#14     Jan 10, 2012
  5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Didn't see your post.

You're vouching for him? Fine, I accept that. Done.

#15     Jan 10, 2012
  6. I read your posts quite carefully and what I tend to find is that you will make statements as though they are fact, but you seldom back up those statements with evidence.

In this instance you made comments which suggested that Panetta was both credible (his service was real...mine wasn't lol) and not credible (he's been cowed and now supports the party line). Now, being a spiritual person I understand what a dichotomy is, but you can't have it both ways.

Either Leon Pannetta, Secretary of Defense for the United States of America is credible and can reasonably be expected to be correct when asserting Iran is Not building a nuclear bomb, or he is a hack (like you said) and cannot be trusted (like the CIA, DIA, and NSA...like you said).

So, is Leon correct in his assertion regarding Iran or is he incorrect?

#16     Jan 10, 2012
  7. Just sayin. Lots of PM's go on over and above public posts. DAS did serve.

I know you served based on your language. You have noticed that I am not rude to you. I still disagree, but friendly fire is something that is important to every member of all branches.

We will never agree on politics I don't think, but if we are advisaries I will treat as one worthy of respect because you put yourself in harms way for this nation.

That said 377, you say that the dems are responsible for where we are, but two pub presidents took us off the gold standard. How do you feel about that?

#17     Jan 10, 2012
  8. Then he's more optimistic than the IAEA based on this excerpt from their Nov 2011 report and should be fired immediately unless he has conclusive proof of that. The Secretary of Defense MUST deal with facts, not unicorns and rainbows.

The Agency has serious concerns regarding possible military dimensions to Iran's nuclear programme. After assessing carefully and critically the extensive information available to it, the Agency finds the information to be, overall, credible. The information indicates that Iran has carried out activities relevant to the development of a nuclear explosive device. The information also indicates that prior to the end of 2003, these activities took place under a structured programme, and that some activities may still be ongoing.
    http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/world/2011/IAEA-Nov-2011-Report-Iran.pdf

#18     Jan 10, 2012
  9. This last report's findings were inconclusive at best. They have "concerns" and "some activities may be ongoing". That's hardly a smoking gun.

I agree he (SECDEF) needs to be fact based and when the SECDEF goes on a news show and says flat out the Iranians are not trying to develop a nuclear weapon, I have to take notice. Let's remember, the Iranians are party to the nuclear non proliferation treaty and voluntarily allow inspections. That cannot be said for Israel, who won't even admit they have nukes and felt no need to sign said treaty.

Could they (Iran) be doing something on the side? Sure, why not. Would it be in their best interests to be a nuclear power? Probably. Is there any direct evidence (keeping in mind what that word implies) that they (Iran) are not in compliance with the non proliferation treaty?

Not to my knowledge.

#19     Jan 10, 2012
  10. It's not a smoking gun but OTOH let's not whitewash it either. I gave you the link and if you get a chance, skim the report because it's quite detailed and makes me take a lot more notice than a political appointee's brief comment on a news show.

The Agency has serious concerns regarding possible military dimensions to Iran's nuclear programme. After assessing carefully and critically the extensive information available to it, the Agency finds the information to be, overall, credible.
    Iran is a party to the NPT but was found in non-compliance with its NPT safeguards agreement and the status of its nuclear program remains in dispute... continued at:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_Non-Proliferation_Treaty#Iran

#20     Jan 10, 2012