Iran MP offers reward for killing Trump, U.S. calls it 'ridiculous

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Nighthawk, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Nighthawk

Nighthawk

DUBAI (Reuters) - An Iranian lawmaker offered a $3 million reward to anyone who killed U.S. President Donald Trump and said Iran could avoid threats if it had nuclear arms, ISNA news agency reported on Tuesday amid Tehran’s latest standoff with Washington.

U.S. disarmament ambassador Robert Wood dismissed the reward as “ridiculous”, telling reporters in Geneva it showed the “terrorist underpinnings” of Iran’s establishment.

Tensions have escalated since Trump in 2018 pulled the United States out of a multilateral 2015 agreement meant to contain Iran’s nuclear program, saying it was flawed, then reimposed heavy U.S. sanctions on Tehran. The standoff erupted into tit-for-tat military strikes earlier this month.

“On behalf of the people of Kerman province, we will pay a $3 million reward in cash to whoever kills Trump,” lawmaker Ahmad Hamzeh told the 290-seat parliament, ISNA reported.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...g-trump-u-s-calls-it-ridiculous-idUSKBN1ZK0YS

Freaking unbelievable....!

2. gkishot

gkishot

Ridiculous? Outrageous.

3. Nighthawk

Nighthawk

And this guy is promoting this in parliament! Speechless....!

gkishot likes this.
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

Circus show

5. Sig

Sig

Going all the way back to Sun Tzu people have shown a remarkable inability to see the world through the eyes of their enemies. If you are able to put yourselves in the shoes of an Iranian for just a minute, hard as that might be, think about what this looks like from their perspective. Imagine in Colin Powell or Norman Schwarzkopf had been blown up by a car bomb outside Heathrow shortly after Desert Storm and Iran said not only did we do it but we're proud of doing it. Would you be screaming for blood? Would you be against someone assassinating Khomeini, or would you actually advocate for it? Their actions are if not reasonable at the least completely predictable if you're able to look at the world through the same lens they do.

And before you start skewering my patriotism, I did my 20 years of service and have no love for Iran's government or Soleimani in particular, the world's a better place without him. That doesn't mean I can't also grasp how this would feel to an Iranian, and use that in my decision making. Something Trump and so many others seem utterly incapable of.

6. Turveyd

Turveyd

Less than the cost of the missile that killed there no.2 possibly.

You can't kill people by remote then complain when someone tries to kill you back, just not cricket.

3Mil, hmmmm good weekends wages, hope someone has a good year!!

Lou Friedman likes this.
  7. ironchef

ironchef

I agree. It is fair game on both side since Soleimani was going around setting up attacks on US facilities and allies and we are busy trying to counter his actions. So I don't blame them for countering our counter measures.

Since they are after Trump's scalp, maybe Trump should take out their nuclear facilities too, just in case they are real?

8. Sig

Sig

We already did that far more effectively with Stuxnet. You blow up a facility they just rebuild it as fast as they can. You build a virus that causes centrifuges to subtly and unpredictably change speed and it takes months or years to diagnose the issue and as a bonus you end up with them suspecting their top talent and doing bad things to them. That, of course, is the difference between subtlety and a hellfire at a civilian airport in a country that is ostensibly our ally.

VPhantom likes this.
  9. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

The go to ideas of some Americans to wage a war is eventually going to come at a cost none of you are really willing to pay. You need to dial back your attitude and pursue peaceful solutions.

fx_grandwizard and stochastix like this.
  10. In the game of politics and might, you have to be afraid of your enemy to avoid attacking them. Iran showed they can hit all bases in neighboring countries with decent accuracy. This prevented an all out invasion. Now to me, nuclear bombs are dumb, but I can see why Iran would be encouraged to develop them after being surrounded by the US.

#10     Jan 22, 2020