Iran - is it time again to buy into military stocks

Discussion in 'Economics' started by nassau, Nov 4, 2005.

1. nassau

nassau

Based up Iran's comments on Israel lately,

and the reward/offered to anyone sending a missle into the country, what do you think will be the effect on our market.

Would you buy Call options?

2. I don't think military options are going to be the way to go at this stage, with our neck so deep into Iraq that we can barely stay afloat. The ape in the White House might want to, but barring a massive strike from Iran into Israel, I see diplomacy being the rule of thumb for the next 12 months or so.

But that madman in Iran might just get trigger happy and force someone to step up to the plate.

3. nassau

nassau

I agree with you he is a mad man and based upon his comment should fall under ?war crimes. I was talking about a long term trade. If you were to buy Calls which companies would you buy.
    Air or ground?

w

4. I apologize, I did not mean to hijack your topic. I'm a FOREX guy.

5. nassau

nassau

How would you play currencies..
    which pairs would you play...not necessarily usd..
    could be exotic

w

6. nassau

nassau

I'd bet if any more news comes out or if any furhter action is implied you will see chf move..

7. If your scenario unfolded, I'd drop all USD pairs I could get my hands on. But you're right, I'd go into CHF right away. Probably into CAD for oil purposes as the US would have to rely on them for oil imports over the middle east even more without Iran.