Iran Hits Milestone in Nuclear Technology

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Nana Trader, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Dream away candletrader

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/world/iran

"I formally declare that Iran has joined the club of nuclear countries," he told an audience that included top military commanders and clerics in the northwestern holy city of Mashhad. The crowd broke into cheers of "Allahu akbar!" or "God is great!" Some stood and thrust their fists in the air.

2. As much as I would like to be optimistic that Iran is not going to use their enriched uranium to build a nuclear bomb, I feel about 99% sure that they will. Ahmadinejad really gives the world reason to believe that he will. His rhetoric is unsettling to say the least.

I agree with many people that Iran would not try to launch a strike against Israel, at least not in front of the watching world for fear of retaliation. My concern however is that Iran sees the weakness of America in our political game playing as well as the U.N. and can use that to their advantage.

All they need to do is have one of their nuclear bombs get "stolen" by some fundamentalist group who will set it off. They know there are plenty of idiots in the Senate and Congress of our country paired up with the U.N. who will say that retaliation is unwarranted because it is not Iran's fault that these fundamentalists stole the weapon and detonated it.