Iran Enriched Uranium, Now its the Isreali Response, will they or wont they?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mahram, Apr 11, 2006.

How high would oil go if Isreal attacks

1. 70-80

12 vote(s)
    12.4%
  2. 80-90

23 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. 100-110

33 vote(s)
    34.0%
  4. You dont even want to know? :P

29 vote(s)
    29.9%
  1. it is not inevitable yet that iran will have the bomb, and desirable is it neither with a psycho in charge treatening in public to wipe countries off the map (imagine if he says this in public what he says *edit: says/thinks in private!)

#51     Apr 13, 2006
  2. Right on target!

Unless one blindly believes if the president says so, it must be true…. Yeah right….
    Like this latest fiasco...
    Associated Press Wed Apr 12
    "The Washington Post reported that a Pentagon-sponsored team of experts determined in May 2003 that two small trailers were not used to make biological weapons. Yet two days after the team sent its findings to Washington in a classified report, Bush declared just the opposite" http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060412/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_iraq

Not again folks, not again, enough already… http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5780616620556928360&pl=true
    Someone please stop the madness before we get another war, a nuclear one on top of it.
    ------Israel, US, need not and should not attack.

#52     Apr 13, 2006
  3. fhl

fhl

Even more dangerous to blindly follow the assoc press (ap).

#53     Apr 13, 2006
  4. guy lives next to countries whose regimes have just been wiped off the map, surrounded by countries whose sovereignty has been trampled covertly or not, leaders betrayed where not assassinated, over and over again, by who?... who's been playing hard ball in the middle east for decades mewonders? is it really a surprise that it should backfire one way or the other at some point? saddam didnt make much friends in the arab / muslim world, nor did the talebans, but perhaps if iran is stopped by force our american 'friends' will have to live with the threat / the experience of suicide bombers in NY, LA etc etc... not sthg anybody should wish on anybody and i certainly dont, but hey, if you give people no options what do you expect, that they'll just sit and listen? for how many generations?

iran with the bomb only means the end of hardball tactics by the US and Israel in the region... not an unwelcome development imo, that may even lead to peace... but i am an optimist :)))

#54     Apr 14, 2006
  5. now going back to the poll, in this context of tension yeah its v.reasonable to expect for oil prices to remain high for a good couple of years, and gold as well for that matter...

great opportunity for alternative energy developments, now that they are becoming economically viable and for a while as a result! lets not miss that chance...

#55     Apr 14, 2006
  6. traderob

traderob

Which city do you live in? Iran would never use the bombs directly, instead they would secretly supply them to terrorist organisations or have their secret service plant them. If you are in Canada or somewhere that pretends that everything will be Ok, if we just leave the nice muslims alone, then I understand your thinking. If you are in New york or London though, you might have reason to be more concerned about the issue.

#56     Apr 14, 2006
  7. i am no arms nor oil dealer therefore am very concerned about the issue as we all should be... i am not suggesting to 'leave these people alone' but that would be too long a discussion... i am rather suggesting not to let fear nor institutional media brainwash cloud our judgement... these countries / people have a history of 'terror' being perpretated against them by the OAS, then the CIA, dont expect them to bend to america's will anytime soon, they never have, never will... they want the bomb so they can give america the finger, and honestly, i have to sympathise with that...

as for disseminating nuclear material, what would be their motive, why would they want to harm america if america doesn't harm them / the whole middle-east?... dont you think they have better things to do?... as for israel, yes, they are going to have to be a little more 'subtle' in their handling of israeli-arab relationships going forward, less stick, more carrot... not a bad thing imo...

#57     Apr 14, 2006
  8. To answer your question, no, I don't think they have better things to do. And I think if they supplied a nuke to a terriorist organization which was then able to detonate it either in Israel or on American soil they would consider a crowning achievement and that there would be scenes of happy people dancing in the streets of Iran.

Mutually assured destruction is not a deterrent for everyone. Just ask any suicide bomber.

#58     Apr 14, 2006
  9. fhl

fhl

2cents says:
    "i am rather suggesting not to let fear nor institutional media brainwash cloud our judgement."

I agree. The problem, which 2cents doesn't seem to recognize, is that the media cacaphony is on the same page as he is. Therefore, by all means, ignore the media (and 2cents), if you want to be secure from murderous nuts.

#59     Apr 14, 2006
  10. I am always amazed at people who believe force is never needed, that things can be talked out and a solution found for everyone. If only life was so easy.

How difficult is it to see that the certain people / groups have no interest in peace? I don't see this as a Republican vs Democrat or Liberal vs Conservative issue. When somebody is screaming I am building a bomb and I plan on using it (directly threatening Israel) isn't the time to discuss the matter over?

Would you cut any slack to a burglar who broke into your home saying I have a gun and I plan on using? I wouldn't.

#60     Apr 14, 2006