Iran Enriched Uranium, Now its the Isreali Response, will they or wont they?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mahram, Apr 11, 2006.

How high would oil go if Isreal attacks

1. 70-80

12 vote(s)
    12.4%
  2. 80-90

23 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. 100-110

33 vote(s)
    34.0%
  4. You dont even want to know? :P

29 vote(s)
    29.9%
  1. I just dont think the united states can afford anybody taking military action that could indirectly or directly raise oil prices or force americans to use force.

#31     Apr 12, 2006
  2. The Democracy of Israel has a base in Iraq, next door to the Tyrannical Iran... the Heroic Israelis can strike the Iranian Terrorist Nuclear Plants from its Kurdistan base...

#32     Apr 12, 2006
  3. fhl

fhl

This "if you want war, then send your own children" stuff gets old. How about if you want higher taxes, you pay them, Tom? Or how about if you want affirmative action, you give up your job, tom? Or how about if you want national health care, you pay for it, Tom? Does anyone want to guess if Tom will take us up on this?

#33     Apr 12, 2006
  4. so we have people here, saying no to "war".

I keep wondering though: everybody knows, if we do nothing, than iran will have the bomb in 1 or 2 years. is that acceptable?

#34     Apr 12, 2006
  5. The President has already gone on the record I believe saying that a nuclear-armed Iran is unacceptable. If that is indeed the case, what's to be gained from waiting around? Iran only has time to further harden its nuke sites and acquire anti-aircraft systems from our good friends the Russians. (Next time we are discussing the failures of the Bush administration, let's be sure to focus on how our relationship with the Russians got to this point.)

The ideal solution would be regime change in Iran, but that appears to be another issue that we waffled on for so long that the crazies in charge now have totally entrenched themselves. We don't have a quarrel with the vast majority of the Iranian people, who ae suffering daily at the hands of their government, but the fact is that many do support the government. When you've had a tyrannical regime in place for decades, as in Iran and Cuba, they have time to indoctrinate an entire generation. Ultimately, if you have a government that supports terrorism, threatens the sole superpower and tries to acquire nuclear weapons, there are consequences.

#35     Apr 12, 2006
  6. Works for me, apparently war isnt acceptable in oversaturated media internet age (too graphic).

Wait until a nuke is detonated and then watch all the folks come out of the woodwork asking "why didn't our gov't do anything to stop it".

#36     Apr 12, 2006
  7. tomcole

tomcole

I think if you want war, you really should go send your kids or go yourself. Its a big delineator, just like when a banker wont lend his own money to a company and the endless posters here wont back up their trade ideas with their own money.

But, if you bothered to read what I said, I didnt say we shouldnt, I said it should be well thought out and not rushed into, some here think war is easy, and apparently, simple to do.

#37     Apr 12, 2006
  8. What ever happened to a war that was started by someone else besides the USA?

If Iran bombed the USA, no one would have a problem fighting, but since the USA always attacks first, the USA is hated more by its own, and the rest of the world....

-Kastro

#38     Apr 12, 2006
  9. yeah if iran attacked first? As far as I know the usa hasnt been bombed by iran. In fact did iraq bomb the usa? And it begs the question after 500 billion dollars, can america really afford a war with iran. We are talking about another trillion dollars or greater to fight it alone. And thats not including oil increases to the economy?

#39     Apr 12, 2006
  10. Sabre rattling from Condi Rice on CNN

However, says they are going to take this before the security council.

Suggests a probable coalition forming. Echoes of Bush's summit in Europe back in Feb or so. Ref my prior posts.

FYI - interesting possibility that if Iran gets the bomb, it no longer is attackable, and troops can be pulled out of Iraq.

I'll take a pass on NYC, Chicago, Wash DC, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas or LA for a while, thanks... a vacation home in costa rica might be the best thing.

#40     Apr 12, 2006