Iran Enriched Uranium, Now its the Isreali Response, will they or wont they?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mahram, Apr 11, 2006.

How high would oil go if Isreal attacks

1. 70-80

12 vote(s)
    12.4%
  2. 80-90

23 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. 100-110

33 vote(s)
    34.0%
  4. You dont even want to know? :P

29 vote(s)
    29.9%
  1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Isnt that a song by the B-52's?

#21     Apr 11, 2006
  2. smallfil

smallfil

Don't know if it will happen that the US will bomb the reactor but, seriously doubt it!!!
    Iran can squeeze us by reducing our oil supplies. Result: Spiralling oil prices.
    Iran knows it has got us where it wants us!!!
    However, as I told my cousin from Canada----it won't be far off when the oil sands of Canada will supply the US with a greater portion of our oil needs. That means that the Islamic radicals have it coming in terms of lots of lost revenue.
    Like it or not----they make a lot of money from oil from the United States so, oil as a weapon of black mail cuts both ways!!!

#22     Apr 11, 2006
  3. As in subs, that they were given by the US :D

#23     Apr 12, 2006
  4. perhaps this thread will be moved to chit chat

but for now ... here is the latest news on
    israel govt resp. to the IRAN news

lets remember ... that the govt of Israel
    is sort of in transition ... with the former
    long time leader there in a hospital
    and incapacitated

www.debka.com

Israel’s non-policy on Iran

April 11, 2006, 10:45 PM (GMT+02:00)

DEBKAfile’s Analysts note: If Washington’s initial reaction to the Iranian disclosure that it had produced low grade enriched uranium was pallid, the Israeli response was non-existent. Not only did the Iranians make no secret of a “historic achievement” - in defiance of the United Nations and the West - but Mahmoud Ahmadinejad positively threw it in their faces. A short while earlier, Ehud Olmert, acting prime minister, asked by Time magazine whether Israel would attack Iran’s nuclear facilities, said he did not think Israel should be at the forefront of this war. “I don’t know why people think this is first and foremost a war for Israel. It’s a problem for every civilized country. It is therefore incumbent on America and the Europeans to form a strategy and remove this danger.” The only problem is that Iran’s president has never threatened to wipe America or Europe off the map – only Israel. But Israel’s new leaders, Olmert and foreign minister Tzipi Livni have developed a new catchall cure-all for all Israel’s predicaments from the Iranian nuclear threat to a Palestinian government ruled by a fundamentalist terrorist organization: Israel will follow the lead of “the international community.” In other words, the incoming Israeli government is shrugging off issues affecting its national security, such as the daily Palestinian missile blitz from Gaza, the penetration of Iranian terror cells, Hizballah and al Qaeda to Palestinian areas – and now the stride made by the Islamic republic on the road to a nuclear bomb. For the first time in its history, Israel is placing its vital interests in the hands of outsiders. Tuesday, April 11, the day the Iranian president delivered his nuclear bombshell, seven Hamas lawmakers traveled to Tehran to attend a conference on the future of Jerusalem – an occasion that is emblematic of a deadly chain that no one in Israeli government appears willing to perceive.

#24     Apr 12, 2006
  5. bolter

bolter

SpyderTrader,

[​IMG]

They're not doves, Iran is showcasing their latest secret weapons technology - ICBP's. InterContinental Ballistic Pigeons!

A stroke of genius. Notice the absence of any flat vertical surfaces - cutting edge stealth design! Completely undetectable by radar. Pigeons have a very small exhaust heat signature - so forget about heat seeking missiles. And their white powder coating renders them totally invisible to ground-to-air visual targetting. They're also injected with a doses of HN51 for good measure.

They may only carry a small payload but don't underestimate these little avian borne WMDs. I wouldn't be hanging out near any statues in Tel Aviv for quite a while.

One other point either he is 7 feet tall or he is standing on a milk crate!

#25     Apr 12, 2006
  6. Your illogical statements rests on the dubious assessment that the Iranian regime is rational.

The ideology of 'Mutually Assured Destruction' only works if your adversary values his earthly existence and wouldn't just as soon meet allah while fighting the infidels.

I need not even mention the likelihood of the Iranians sharing weapon technology with some of the terrorist groups that they sponsor.

#26     Apr 12, 2006
  7. tomcole

tomcole

Funny, how everyone wants to nuke that or send F16s roaring into combat. For all the hawks here, my only thought is why dont you go send your children into harm's way first or, go yourself. Its not really that easy or fun when someonme is really shooting at you, and means it.

But, if you want to get a better idea of the degree of difficulty for this is, try getting a copy of janes Fleet Command and then d/l the addons from http://forums.navalwarfare.net/forumdisplay.php?f=11

and you can get a better idea of distances, weapons platforms to deploy etc, it might even help your thinking a bit

#27     Apr 12, 2006
  8. Cool, I get to fly a real F16 on a bombing run! Where do I sign up?

While I agree that we should use military action cautiously, the idea that a serviceperson may get killed as a reason not to use military action doesn't do it for me.

I get a real kick about all the folks trying to get out of reserve duty when called after gladly accepting money for years.

If you are in the military and you don't want to see combat then I'd suggest that you picked the wrong line of work. As far as I know we haven't had a draft for quite some time in the US.

#28     Apr 12, 2006
  9. I'm glad, during the cold war, people at the helm were not thinking in such an utter nonsensical manner as you do. Otherwise we wouldn't be here today discussing this matter.
    Rogue weapons can be had from anywhere. Iranians are the least of the problem. Maybe now if they can defend themselves they won't be jerked around. Stepping up the fraudulent allegations regarding links to terrorism, and WMD's, like we did with Saddam will not help your cause this time.

#29     Apr 12, 2006
  10. gkishot

gkishot

Fine, let's send robots then. But hiding a head in the sand is not an option. This guy is psycho.

#30     Apr 12, 2006