Iran and American Interference

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Feb 6, 2006.

1. That's true but unfortunately you assume you are dealing with rational people of which a good portion of the muslim population is not.

They don't understand reason or comprimise only violence. IF they dont get what they want they threaten to blow you up. Just think about it this way- A countries newspaper published a cartoon of a god and it sparks riots all over the world.

Does this sound like a clear headed group of people?

#31     Feb 6, 2006
  2. Free energy is a great idea but not a reality. It never will be a reality. Free energy equals world crises (especially in the US) since you now have to lay off thousands of your current work force. People bitch about the cost of entitlement programs now, what happnes when energy is free?

Besides, oil will always be needed for other uses than gas. How can you live today without plastics and lubricants that are derived fom oil? Alternative energy for transportation and electricity generation should be a goal but it must use something similar to the existing infrastructrure so that you do not have massive job losses throwing the economy into a tailspin.

Besides, nothing is free, remember that.

#32     Feb 6, 2006
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Just think about it this way: the government tries to collect a tax on tea, yeah, the kind you drink, and the people rise up in revolt and fight a war over it. Can you believe it, a war!?

#33     Feb 6, 2006
  4. Over Tea? No I don't believe it. But if a war broke out over independance and the taxing of tea was the tipping point that's what I would believe.

It's a little more involved than the Boston Tea Party.

#34     Feb 6, 2006
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Ohhhhhhhh, you mean there are other factors involved???? Ohhhhhhhh, ok.

#35     Feb 6, 2006
  6. TGregg

TGregg

Opinions are free in CC, you don't even have to ask for them. :D

#36     Feb 6, 2006
  7. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

Corporations seek profit, and they will spend big bucks to maintain a status quo that ensures future profits. But when the geopolitics change beyond their control, and when the Public becomes aware of it, the corporations can do nothing else but scramble and follow.

Btw, what do you mean by "free energy?" Renewable energy?

#37     Feb 6, 2006
  8. That is true. I should ammend my statement to say that nothing of real value is free. You get what you pay for, and you don't always pay in money.

#38     Feb 6, 2006
  9. .

Burtakus: I should amend my statement to say that: “nothing of real value is free.”

SouthAmerica: How about air. I don’t pay for air, and air has a real value to me – without air I would die in no time.

#39     Feb 7, 2006
  10. As with anything else, you get what you pay for. Shell out the big bucks to live in the mountinas (or just rough it) and you breathe pristine air. Don't and breathe the contaminated shit elsewhere.

You may not pay for it monetarily but you pay for the air you breate in other ways.

#40     Feb 7, 2006