Iqfeed with Neoticker Feedback

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by sunvalley, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Anybody here use Iqfeed with Neoticker?

I looking for a high quality data feed to replace esignal. Need real-time for eminis & stocks and would like delayed data for everything else. Any gotchas or fyi would be helpful. I have reviewed their web site and support forums in detail.

2. I did review that thread. It seems to be a toss up on which is better. I want to see if any neoticker users have comments.

I recognize your handle. You post alot on the iqfeed forum. Are you satisfied with the service? Have you compared it to esignal?
  3. I think you stopped early. :)
    My comments are 3rd from the last on that page of the thread above.
  4. IQFeed is a great data feed for a cut-rate price.

Neoticker is a premier charting application for creating customized strategies.

Looks like you're headed in the right direction.

5. IQFeed has matured into a stable data feed over the years.

One of its strength is fast delivery of real-time data during busy mkt hours. That is pretty impressive.

If their roll out of the long waited for historical tick data with seconds time stamp is completed, N-sec bar chart will be become possible for this feed.

For now, N-sec bars can be charted in NeoTicker with IQFeed, but only in real-time because the real-time data received has the proper seconds information.
  6. Thanks Lawrence. You have a great product. I am considering iqfeed, ib & mbt for an alternative/backup feed to esignal. Can you respond to this thread regarding the MBT feed?

I may PM you separately regarding your insights into the pros/cons and stability issues of these 3 options. Some of the info should not be posted in a public forum.

7. nevadan

I demo'ed iqfeed with neoticker and had trouble with a hole in the previous days data when I opened my charts in the morning. The holes were repairable but no one seemed to know why it was a recurring problem. I tried Qcharts next and after the demo period with no problems I went with them for my data (ex esignal subscriber). It has been two months now and every thing is still peachy keen. I have been using Neoticker for three years and like it better than anything else I have tried.
  8. Hi Lawrence,

i am using NeoTicker RT with eSig and am considering switching to IQFeed...

if i get IQfeed does the Time and Sales stream for both ES and NQ look the same as with the eSig feed and work as well..

If You Have The Vision We Have The Code
    #10     Aug 13, 2006