IQFeed vs Polygon.io

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by bergstyle, May 2, 2018.

1. Polygon.io

Polygon.io Sponsor

That was before we started getting data directly from the exchanges. It's now ~4x faster ( 20-30ms ) from the SIP timestamp to the time a client receives the data ( on including geographic latency, we are in NJ ).

#41     Mar 22, 2019
  2. ZBZB

ZBZB

#42     Mar 22, 2019
  3. #43     Aug 4, 2019
  4. Any futures data?

#44     Aug 6, 2019
  5. WorldTradingData is going out of business. I was signed up with them for research data and as of this week it stopped working. No response from support and I noticed they were not taking new customers. Cancelled the subscription yesterday and got an email today saying they would be shutting down soon. I really liked the easy to use service but now have to find a replacement. They claim it will be up though May, but as of this week Real Time info isn't returning.

#45     Apr 3, 2020
  6. I've been researching/comparing data providers to replace WorldTradingData.
    My code was set up around the ability in WorldTradingData to request live quotes, 200 symbols at a time. I'd start with a list of 1000 or so with the volume and price criteria I needed, and do periodic updates on the ones I'm watching. Many providers only support either 1 symbol at a time, or their data limits make it either slow or expensive to run this way.
    Anyone know of a provider that would work for this? I see Polygon has a "snapshot" endpoint that sounds like it's a large dump of all stock symbols, but not 100% sure if that's what it is.

#46     Apr 3, 2020

7. i am using iqfeed, but they only give 500 symbols, you need to pay more to go over 500. around 2000 symbols, you need to pay 500 dollars /month. polygon is all market equity data, which i like, but I do not have time to code unless i am sure it is good enough.

#47     Apr 3, 2020
  8. Polygon.io

Polygon.io Sponsor

Yes, the snapshot feature allows you to see all tickers bid/ask, last trade, previous day OHLC, and the last minutes OHLC. We do not limit API calls or ticker symbols, so you can poll this every few seconds throughout the day to stay in sync.

#48     Apr 3, 2020
  9. Polygon.io

Polygon.io Sponsor

We hope you give our platform a test drive. We offer 7day free trial to play around and see if it will fit your needs. If there is something we dont cover, we always appreciate feedback on how to make the product better. Take care!

#49     Apr 3, 2020
  10. does polygon have realtime NYSE imbalance data?

#50     Apr 4, 2020