iqfeed / eSignal users taking advantage of cme fee waivers?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by DarthSidious, Jun 24, 2010.

1. syd697

syd697

This is interesting...

I use eSignal & IB too, but I'm a little confused. Does this really mean that you will not have to pay for any of the CME Globex exchange fees anymore? No more CME, CBOT, NYMEX & COMEX fees? That's saving approx. $250/mo.

Do you still get the data for charting and seeing the futures options data too? Or is it just giving you straight futures data only for free?

I'll have to dig a bit deeper.

Thanks. And appreciate any more insight ino this.

#11     Jun 30, 2010
  2. ndjeff7

ndjeff7

I believe that it's just for the futures but don't quote me on that since I don't trade options. Yes it does save me a ton of $$ in data fees since now I'm getting all the symbols that I trade basically for free. I'm not a huge fan at all of using eSignal to trade with so I just do a couple trades per month in my IB account via eSignal to basically qualify for the waiver.

#12     Jun 30, 2010
  3. syd697

syd697

Just had a chat with an eSignal rep. You get all the data that globex provides - futures, options, charting, etc. You just won't get anything else that the full exchange might have offered. In this case, that's just mainly pit data. So you won't get pit option data anymore or pit futures data.

Since everything has just about shifted to electronic, missing the pit data doesn't matter so much to me anymore.

So if you truly rely on Globex info now, then you really can save a bunch of cash each month. Cool stuff!

#13     Jul 1, 2010
  4. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

#14     Aug 9, 2010
  5. I would look at it if (if ever) kinetick is divorced from NT. For anyone that doesn't use NT, it's useless.

#15     Aug 9, 2010