IQFeed ES, ER2 Data lagging?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by ForrestGump, Jul 26, 2007.

1. My IQFeed data for stock index futures is lagging by several minutes this morning. My other datafeeds and brokerage platforms are functioning normally.

Is anyone else having this problem?

2. IQ has been a problem since they implemented their seconds server. Backfilling on the 148 server is a joke.

They really dropped the ball on this.

3. I'm not having a problem with the ES.

4. It is nearly back to normal now.

I have been using them for the last several years and have had very few problems with their data. Somehow the last couple of months have been a little less perfect. I hope they can resolve these little hiccups as they are still my favorite quote vendor.

5. I honestly never experienced any problems with them ... and I would be the first to scream and shout if I did.

JJ

6. mtwokay

mtwokay

I had 4min delays yesterday on ER2 but everything seems to be ok today.

7. heard some rumour that there are problems at the ISP's with large amounts of spam coming through that they have difficulty staying on top off.

Perhaps if your ISP is under configured (and most are) then they may have delays on their servers.

Have been expecting this for a long time (coordinated attacks) and hence created a method of trading that allows for up to 10 minutes delay in fills / exits.

Suspect that the trouble with the ISP's will only get worse as time goes by.

Maria