IQFeed data vs other data providers

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by I$land, Jan 10, 2007.

1. mokwit

mokwit

Warning: My experience was that ESignal Asian data is corrupted to the point of being unuseable.

Try Metastock Quotecenter/Reuters Bridgestation product.

#31     May 1, 2007
  2. Thanks for the comments mokwit. I have a few friends that use it and have no problems at all. I'll look into Reuters though but am not sure it feeds into Neoticker. Will do some research thank you.

MK

#32     May 1, 2007
  3. Well, I should have kept my mouth shut 'cause IQFeed sucked today. Spikes and bad data everywhere! I've spent a good portion of the day just correcting bad ticks.

'Seems dtn's servers could not handle the trading volume between 9:35 and 9:55 this am.

Genesis admitted they recently had to install more servers to handle this new enormous amount of data.

It's about time dtn did the same 'cause their systems don't seem to handle busy mornings very well either.

#33     May 4, 2007
  4. I second the experience I have with Esignal in regards to Asian market data. I am currently using Esignal and subscribe to the Osaka and TOkyo exchanges, trading Nikkei Futures and JGB futures. They are pretty much all the time identical with the ticks that come through IB. I take that this represents the true market. Also there are virtually no timing differences.

However, I am very disappointed with Esignal's way of handling real-time news. Their news app sucks big time as it is very inflexible in handling multiple/customized category/symbol searches especially when using DJ wires.

Hope something gets worked on for the next release.

#34     May 5, 2007
  5. Bob111

Bob111

just got from IQFeed-

DTN has released a new version of the IQFeed client software, version
    4.2.1.4. The new version
    includes many bug fixes, as well as enhancements that prepare for the
    release of new IQFeed servers.
    In order for your IQFeed datafeed to continue working with the new
    servers, you must upgrade to the
    latest version as soon as possible. Failure to upgrade prior to the
    release of our new servers will
    cause problems with logging in and receiving accurate data.

As soon as the majority of our customers have upgraded to the latest
    version of IQFeed, we will be
    releasing new server software which will add many enhancements such as
    second resolution on timestamps,
    pre and post stock market data in history and automatic tick
    correction.

#35     May 6, 2007
  6. mokwit

mokwit

My experience with eSignal was of corrupt daily data WRT OHLC to the point of being unuseable and lags of a minute or more in Hang Seng futures data. Others reported similar issues so the "it's your ISP" standard BS response was shown to be a tactic. I brought these issues to their attention a number of times and they did NOTHING.

If you want to trade a fast moving index with 1+ minute delay then this is the data feed for you. Otherwise forget them.

#36     May 6, 2007
  7. Beebers

Beebers

I don't have any options it seems. I am in Asia as well, and use Neoticker.

Of all the datafeeds I have looked at, only Esignal seems to have the data I am looking for. (None of the US datafeeds carry the Osaka exchange unless one is willing to pay big, big bucks) I, however, always have to crosscheck with IB as their data is pretty off at times. Many times this morning, for example, it would tell that there was a 2 tick spread on the Nikkei225 mini of the Osaka exchange. It also lagged IB's numbers by a few seconds.

I was wondering if there are alternatives I could use for data, maybe someone knows some Asian company or European one which doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

#37     Apr 30, 2008
  8. It's been almost a year since the above occurred.
    What is the concensus opinion now for IQFeed, especially regarding emini futures data reliability ?

#38     Apr 30, 2008
  9. >Beebers

I am in Tokyo and can compare eSignal's data with that of the Japanese brokers and also IB. I have never seen the data for
    OSE or TSE to be off as you mention. It is exactly the same as what the Japanese brokers show. And in the years I have been using eSignal I seem to remember only one outage.
    IB gets TSE and OSE data from GL Trade. It almost never lags, but does have outages from time to time(once every two months of so).
    You can get OSE data at Equis.com but it will cost a little more than eSignal. Have you checked ETRADE in the U.S.? They offer realtime trading for Japan according to their site but I don't know the details.

#39     Apr 30, 2008
  10. mokwit

mokwit