IQFeed data NOT so true tick or is it?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by KiwiRoo, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Interesting I didn't know there were 3 feeds, although I suspect that most traders would not.

#31     Feb 8, 2008
  2. KR- If you are using Sierra there is a filter to set it you want to filter out bad ticks. The last time I compared TransAct and Sierra to Esignal the tick chart was almost identical.

#32     Feb 8, 2008
  3. Zen Fire is an unthrottled feed, atleast it was when I use it.

#33     Feb 8, 2008
  4. I believe IB is still snapshot data they don't show all ticks.

#34     Feb 8, 2008
  5. This was my understanding as well. It would like to know too if that is still the case.

#35     Feb 8, 2008
  6. KiwiRoo

KiwiRoo

I don’t trade Forex, sorry I have no idea.

How did you set up the fitters? I got mine on default. I didn’t want to screw it around as it might stuff up my data. But if I can get rid of the bad ticks from Transact (HUGE volume spike), then great, I might reconsider switching back to using the free data. :)

#36     Feb 8, 2008
  7. KiwiRoo

KiwiRoo

Here is a comparison data shot between Esignal VS IQFeed that someone has sent to me in PM – (Thanks).

Please ignore the missing data (48+4 "match until this point") that was missing on IQFeed, (I forgot to take out my volume filter before sending this person my screenshot). :D And from this source, I was told that Esignal uses RLC feed from CME. So I guess IQFeed is the only one so far that is using an aggregated data source. Good thing thus far is that IQFeed is hardly down in a fast market, it gets lag but not down. (Transact data was never down from my past experience).
    [​IMG]

#37     Feb 8, 2008
  8. I am not sure but if you go to the sierra support board someone can assist you.

#38     Feb 8, 2008