IQ Feeds vs Quote Media

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by LiquidMike, Nov 23, 2020.

1. I'm looking for a real time feed that will allow me to pull constant pricing on options, stocks and futures. I'll be reading every second and about 40 different tickers at max simultaneously.

I'm looking at the API on both as well as the streaming services on both.

IQ Feeds has better pricing for the streaming service and up to 500 tickers. Quote Media has up to 100 tickers and more expensive.

Any comments or preference between API versus stream and between the 2 companies?
    I was told that ETNA used to use IQ Feeds and switched to Quote Media, but not confirmed. If so, not sure if it was a reliability issue.

Thoughts? Thanks

2. rb7

rb7

What to you mean by 'API vs stream'?

3. There is a streaming service, where you load software on your server and then you are constantly telling it what tickers you're watching and it automatically updates the pricing and all other details constantly.

The API is where you send out queries and receive responses back. So you're constantly having to send queries on the tickers that you're watching, etc.. this also may be a little slower.

4. rb7

rb7

Ok, I see. But with API, you can have what you call 'streaming services' as well.
    With API, you can tell the data provider to send you, lets say, real-time data feed for a particular trading instrument.

I can't speak about Quote Media but I'm using IQFeed since many years and I'm satisfied with their services. Fast, reliable, easy to use, good customer service and it suits my needs

5. oh right.. ok, Quote Media has a Query API and Real-Time Software; I think IQ Feeds, just has the one developer API Stream package.

I'll probably give IQ Feeds a try. Thanks