IQ Feed

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by c_verm, Nov 7, 2003.

1. c_verm

c_verm

Im wondering id anyone one has tryed ID Feed on two seperate trading platforms at the same time?? Woud I be able to power to trading platforms with it?? I want to run both of my trading platforms on seperate computers.

Anyone know if this will work?

2. Sorry for the off-topic post, but your signature certainly would make a good topic for discussion.

3. They will probably charge you 3x the price for the privilege... :p

4. funky

funky

no. you will only be able to use one client manager at a time. i think you might have to pay 2x price, but maybe you can work something out with them?

5. opm8

opm8

Don't know if this helps you but you can run more than one platform off the same IQFeed at a time on one computer.

--opm8

6. Can you apply that if you are scalp trading and try
    more times to win?

7. All data feeds are first in first out, if you try to loging at another
    PC, it says "Duplicate login".

8. I don't think a cheap data feed like IQ feed will accept to come
    down on price, for just buying 2 X feed. May be they accept with
    annual perpay on DTN.IQ, which is higher price

9. iqfeed

iqfeed DTN

IQFeed doesn't limit the number of apps connecting to it simultaneously. There are some quirks though in that it doesn't keep track of the multiple apps, so if one app asks to remove a symbol, the other app will lose it also. Also, some of the 3rd party apps automatically try to launch IQFeed, even if it is already running. Thus, it will pop the error that IQconnect is already running, and the app won't load.

Our next version of IQFeed will resolve these issue by doing the checks for the 3rd party app.

In the original post you mentioned you wanted to connect on multiple machines. This won't be supported as the exchanges don't allow it. The data cannot be re-distributed outside of the original diplay device.

Hope this answers your question.

Jay