IQ feed vs. IB feed...

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ITR2744, Aug 13, 2008.

1. I'm not sure where the servers are for the data-feed from IB, but DTN's servers are in Omaha, with some in Des Moines as well.

If you are trading out of the West Coast, this can help you avoid some of the typical internet "congestion" that occurs when trying to reach data-feed servers all the way back in NYC or NJ.

Love Quotetracker for charting.
    Love DTN for the "IQ-Feed".
    :cool:

#11     Aug 13, 2008
  2. Thanks for the clarification. For your trading method it is good that better data gives you a better bottom line.

#12     Aug 13, 2008
  3. jtnet

jtnet

what if you use volume charts.... lets say 5000v for ES? IB charts with volume look well, of course we know IB doesnt give tick data but what about volume?

#13     Aug 13, 2008
  4. maxpi

maxpi

Opentick moved their tick plant much closer to the exchanges to reduce latency, I wonder how they compare to IQFeed nowadays?

#14     Aug 13, 2008
  5. jtnet

jtnet

opentick is closed to new people unless u want to get me a login.

also IB for VOLUME charts , good ? no?

#15     Aug 13, 2008
  6. promagma

promagma

IQfeed rocks.

#16     Aug 13, 2008
  7. It's been almost 3 months now and counting.....they are STILL testing. No new subscribers permitted.
    They are looking very shaky moving forward.

#17     Aug 14, 2008
  8. ITR2744

ITR2744

When you use constant volume charts, the difference isn't that severe as the number of contracts traded matter and not the number of ticks.
    Nevertheless, in critical situations you get still some long bars and therefore a bad entry price...
    Unfortunately I didn't made a snapshot yesterday. I'll post one later...

#18     Aug 14, 2008
  9. ITR2744

ITR2744

I'm trading from Europe :cool:

#19     Aug 14, 2008
  10. jtnet

jtnet

yes please do

#20     Aug 14, 2008