IQ Feed vs. IB feed

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ITR2744, Jun 17, 2008.

1. ITR2744

ITR2744

I've read it and it's really a policy to frighten away their prospective customers...
    I will give it a try but not right now, I just don't have the time now to make 100s of calls and letters just to tell them that I don't want their feed :mad:

#11     Jun 19, 2008
  2. ITR2744

ITR2744

mainly scalping... chasing 2-3 points (sometimes more, sometimes less)...
    The problem why I'm looking for a new feed is showing up in the attachment.
    Jerry Medved (I use Quotetracker and no, I don't want to get NinjaTrader... Best would be, if it's possible, to get QT with Zen Fire...) told me, that it's a common IB issue. So I would be happy if I don't get those dashes with the IQ Feed.

Thanx in advance for any responses concerning this problem...

• nqu8.jpg
      File size:
      473.8 KB
      Views:
    #12     Jun 19, 2008
  3. DTN IQFeed is great.

This business is filled with pikers who come and go ... they're just trying to make sure they'll be able to collect the rent and keep their lights on.

Good luck with your trading ... unless you're doing something really sophisticated, there's no real difference between what you will get with IQ Feed vs. IB Feed, and even then the IB Feed as traders' dream of third party support tools.

#13     Jun 19, 2008
  4. ITR2744

ITR2744

#14     Jun 19, 2008
  5. Anyone have direct experience with the IQ Feed API ?
    As everyone knows, the IB API has been hugely buggy and very undocumented and also unreliable (did I miss anything ?).

#15     Jun 19, 2008
  6. I don't think anyone mentioned the key difference: DTNIQ provides every single trade. IB aggregates.

I don't get the bad mouthing of DTN on this thread. Being a customer for around 5 years, I have nothing but praise for them. The data is fast, accurate and complete. Further, their customer service and technical support go the extra mile. The few times I have had troubles they have worked hard to duplicate and resolve issues, even calling to follow up after resolution. They are among my favorite providers in the trading business.

#16     Jun 19, 2008