IQ Feed Problems Today?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bluedemon77, Sep 19, 2007.

1. bluedemon77

bluedemon77 Guest

Has anybody noticed the IQ Feed "hanging" today? It's like the data is not updating and then all of a sudden it updates after a few seconds. It's the same problem I had before that got better after they installed their new servers, but now it seems to be back. It's not as bad as before, but it's still very annoying. Tech support said everything is ok on their end. I know it's not my Internet connection because my IB feed is fine.

2. I'm not having any problems. In fact, yesterday was flawless. I was having a problem weeks ago, but it's okay now. I'd call them if I were you. I'm trading the ES.

3. mtwokay

mtwokay

Yes, I had problems about an hour ago. I was surprised since IQ worked flawlessly yesterday after the fed.

P.S. I was long ES on a counter trend trade at 11:50. Had about 8 ticks when IQ stopped. By the time I got out my stop was hit from that fast move down

4. There should be a light that shows on your software which confirms that you are reciving a live data feed.

When it goes yellow, pink, red or whatever color it makes when there's a problem, instantly close your position and then and only then investigate the problem.

Good trading,

JJ

5. bluedemon77

bluedemon77 Guest

That's just the problem. When this happens there is no indication that there is a problem. Even if you look at the IQ Connection Manager everything looks OK. But it's not. This is not a case of losing the connection. There is something else going on. This is the first problem I've noticed in weeks, but again I'm about to cancel my account if it's not fixed. I can't afford to be looking at charts that reflect the situation 4 ticks ago. I guess CBOT was having issues today. Maybe the problem was on their end, but like I said before, the data I was getting from IB didn't reflect any kind of problem.