IQ Feed (DTN) - Errors in DataFeed ?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by EdgeHunter, Oct 30, 2006.

1. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

i know for a fact dtn beats bloomberg for speed. often the high prices are charged because they can get away with it because of other installed products the customer also needs/has.

in my experience, every data feed has issues. some more than others though - and like you say, as a rule of thumb, you do get what you pay for.

remember though that if getting data over the internet, the isp can be the one at fault, not the data provider - corrupt packets, delayed packets etc. too many points of failure

#11     Oct 31, 2006
  2. Just on the off-chance: are you using by any chance a Lenovo / IBM machine and have their "Access Connections" software running? I had no end of trouble with data corruption caused by that piece of s*&t and since I uninstalled it all has been well.

And this (besides data corruptions) included lost connections, memory leaks, etc etc.

In addition wireless connections are another source of untold trouble. Personally have had no problems with the indexes / currencies from IQfeed at all.

Maria

#12     Nov 1, 2006
  3. iqfeed

iqfeed DTN

You folks (and our support group) are correct that we don't filter the data within IQFeed. Some people appreciate it, while others would prefer we filter. One of the main reasons for not filtering is we prefer to leave it up to the software interface to implement the filtering. This allows individuals to set their own threshold based on their personal preferences.

I am not sure what software each of you are using, but I can assure you that if there is a widespread problem occurring in our feed, we will get all over it. I checked with our support group to see if there has been any increase in problem reports, and the response I received is that we actually have had lower call volumes in the past 7 days than average. If you are experiencing problems, please don't hesitate to contact us. We have 800# support and normally answer on the first ring. We also provide email support (average less than 1 hour response time) and RT chat on our website. We definitely want to hear from you if you are having issues!

We will continue to try to track down what could be causing any of these problems.

Thank you for your continued business and feedback!

Jay Froscheiser

#13     Nov 1, 2006
  4. The bad data spikes seemed to have disappeared for a while but unfortunately have returned with a vengeance most of this week. It doesn't look like it's a DTN problem since I checked the IB quotes and they were matching. Like AMG today showing a high of 231.70 That just sucks and trashes my work. What would it take to add some sort of filters to the data? Would it cause a delay? How much delay? This is actually DTN *and* IQFeed and as I said not limited to them as IB's quotes show the same crap.
    Qcharts doesn't show the AMG spike. Don't know about eSignal.
    But I've had them bad spikes for the last 3 days now!

#14     Jan 25, 2007
  5. iqfeed

iqfeed DTN

on AMG, those bad trades were cancelled by the exchange, but unfortunately we don't have tick correct being processed in our IQFeed product yet. Our ProphetX Active Trader does process the tick corrections, so these spikes don't affect the charts or other analytics. Tick correction is coming to our IQFeed product, but is a few months away still.

Jay

#15     Jan 25, 2007
  6. iqfeed,

Thanks for replying.

Sounds like you're saying that the "tick correction" procedure will fix a bad tick after it's sent out? So, it's not some type of filter algorithm that prevents bad data going out in the first place?
    With my setup, "tick correction" after being sent out is unfortunately too late and I have to manually fix tons of charts.

btw, I've seen the video for your ProphetX Active Trader product and must say...it looks good.

#16     Jan 25, 2007
  7. I've noticed the same problem on the e-mini data...when the market gets really busy, the quotes will "freeze" for a second or two, and then the chart gets a burst of the data to catch up. I'm running x-trader, so I see the DOM go crazy, and then the chart plays catch up, so I know it's DTN and not the exchange or my ISP. Once on the NQ, it actually froze my quotetracker, and I had to restart. It doesn't happen often though, maybe twice a week. I'm new to IQfeed, only about a month.

#17     Jan 25, 2007
  8. iqfeed

iqfeed DTN

Since you are running QuoteTracker, you should look at the number under the "Start/Stop" button. QT will queue data if it can't process it fast enough, and this would explain the bursting of data.

Jay

#18     Jan 25, 2007
  9. Oh, come on man!

Something happens a couple of times a *week*?! That's nothing. It could be any of a dozen issues that are nearly impossible to fix/figure out.

#19     Jan 25, 2007
  10. surfer25

surfer25

I agree with this. I have noticed this on IQFeed in fast markets. I have multiple data feeds so I can check them against others. I don't think they are any worse than most others over time, though.

#20     Jan 25, 2007