IQ and trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by pips, Jan 18, 2005.

1. cakulev

cakulev

Actually to be successful in any profession you need to
    have a variety of skills not limited to “intelligence” as measured in IQ tests.
    Sometimes over thinking can hurt. As Mark Twain said “All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure”
    :D

#11     Jan 18, 2005
  2. So, you're a super genius, and you're friend is borderline retarded?

#12     Jan 18, 2005
  3. So IQ's do not mean anything in trading .
    According your IQ level you have the abilities of Isaac Newton and you are 1 in a million where as your buddy has the ability to become a food service employee and his typical educability is 8-12 Grade..
    Below is the link very interesting, check out the chart
    http://www.geocities.com/rnseitz/Definition_of_IQ.html

#13     Jan 18, 2005
  4. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Ya, I have read a lot of articles similar to this one. That is why I said that the IQ tests mean nothing in terms of assessing your abilities to become a successful trader.

#14     Jan 18, 2005
  5. The IQ test is a formalization of the reductio ad absurdum of mind as calculating machine, I think.

#15     Jan 18, 2005
  6. So pips, what is the answer - lkj (as 3 of us have suggested) or kbi (as 2 have suggested).

Cheers.

#16     Jan 18, 2005
  7. opm8

opm8

This is interesting. One level up from "Clerk, teller, Walmart" is police officer, who's grouped in with "machinist" and "sales." Something to think about next time you're pulled over. Don't use any big words.

--opm8

#17     Jan 18, 2005
  8. yenzen

yenzen

lol

like everything else on ET, true answer probably somewhere in middle.

Mr. Zen

#18     Jan 18, 2005
  9. Maybe there should be a "Special Olympics" for trading.

#19     Jan 18, 2005
  10. Emotional IQ IMO is probably the best measure of potential trading sucess. In fact there was a study done on corporate executives who becames top leaders - all had high Intellectual IQ and high emotional IQ. The ones with low Emotional IQ didn't go anywhere even though their Intellectual IQ was off the charts. I will look it up and post the study if I find it again.

Emotional IQ is a measure of how well you can resolve stress, anger, anxiety, etc.

As a side note, during my background in engineering I was exposed to the high Int. IQ and low Emo. IQ bunch - most of whom knew nothing about how to handle the emotions associated with their job (bosses, people), their money and their relationships. The most succesful people I've met in any profession were always the more emotionally rock-solid ones.

Mike

#20     Jan 18, 2005