ipods are the worst f*cking products on the planet

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by John_Wensink, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Holy crap, the synching bullshit, itunes store software absolutey blow.

I have just banned my kids from all future purchases.

If anyone knows anyone from MSFT marketing they should be fired. Completely incompetant because apple sucks.

There i said it.

2. Just wait until the thing randomly won't turn on after a year or two.

The IPOD ia a poorly engineered gadget that will breakdown in <2years on average. There is so much out there that is such better quality and built to last... annoys me (as a former EE) that this product sells the way it does, its a cheap POS that looks good more than anything else.

Yes, I've had 3 IPODS from 2004-2008 and ALL HAVE FAILED in < 2 years. Sent all of em' back only to be informed that I somehow damaged it and caused the failure... took the thing apart later to see what may be wrong ... its made of shit components, faulty (low quality) connectors turned out to be the problem in one case.

F U Apple. Your product sucks.

Anyhow, go with creative zen. Much better engineering.

Mike

P.S. There , I said it too...

3. mxjones

mxjones

lol.

I have had two iPods since 2003...the first one still works fine six years later (I gave it to my brother, he uses it every day).

The second one has not had a single issue. It will be three years in September.

Never had an issue syncing either...maybe you are doing something wrong.

I have an iPhone - 1.5 years, no issue.

4. auspiv

auspiv

i love my ipod. i'm on my third one cause i broke the first two doing stupid stuff.

microsoft's zune blows.

5. pkts

pkts

I bot a iPod in 2002 that still works. Another Nano from 2006 is fine too. And my iPhone from launch day has zero issues though I have dropped a few times.

I and my family have had about 6-7 macs in the last few years and, other than a problem with a couple of pixels on one monitor (that Mac replaced fast at no charge) we have had zero problems.

All the old ones still run perfectly and are still functionally fast (unlike some PCs I've had)

6. dude, you just waking up.

anyone that buys apple anything is a dick.

know fact.

7. steve jobs and apple's marketing department is total genius.

you see, apple products are as much about look and feel as they are about functionality. you think everyone is like you and only cares about its technical specs? no way.

every chick i know -- without exception -- who is into electronic gadgets, cares primarily about how the device looks. whether it's a phone, laptop or music device, it has to look and feel nice. they probably don't know how fast their cpu is or how much memory it has, and they don't care so long as it looks really cute in baby pink or spring lavender.

have any of you heard of true religion or r&r? probably not, but it's the same idea as apple products.

8. thats right, they pay $500 for shoes and handbags too.

apple hasn't gotten 1 cent of my money in the last 30 years.

there was never a time when you didnt overpay for the product.

as for itunes, its a joke.

9. Absolutely +1. Both my iPods are buggy pieces of crap. I took one of them in to a (non-AAPL) shop which specializes in them and they told me the thing wasn't fixable because the main board would cost more than a new Nano is worth. How the fuck that's possible when a main board should cost about $8, I don't know. I assume the shop would have to order from AAPL, who would proceed to gouge the shit out of them (us).

iTunes is about the only piece of software that I've had on my rig that has crashed routinely. Crashed as in can't launch it, can't fix it, takes all my settings with it and can't restore them when I reinstall.

10. Load a second itunes account on the same computer and the f*cking mayem begins.

I have spent so many hours with these pieces of shit I can't understand why people don't go to best buy, spend 40 dollars on am mp3 player and steal every goddam song they want for zero dollars and not have to deal with that piece of shit or they can buy them somehwere else.

Fortunatley for apple I want to set a good example by paying for purchases, unfortunately for apple they can take their itunes and mac and shove it up their asses because no more apple products will enter this household.

FU apple.

QUOTE]Quote from mxjones:

lol.

I have had two iPods since 2003...the first one still works fine six years later (I gave it to my brother, he uses it every day).

The second one has not had a single issue. It will be three years in September.

Never had an issue syncing either...maybe you are doing something wrong.

I have an iPhone - 1.5 years, no issue.
    [/QUOTE]

#10     Jul 15, 2009