iPod question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by maggandre, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Has anyone had any experience using multiple iPods on one computer (PC, not Mac)?

What is the best way to accomplish this if I have several different iPods and each owner wants different songs?

I have read some info on the Apple site, as well as Google'd some info. But I was looking for input from anyone actually DOING it.

TIA.

:)

2. Nordic

Nordic

I needed to set up three accounts for my kids. First i set them up with their own individual Windows accounts on XP. Make sure you also have multiple e-mail accounts. Then just set up Itunes on each account. You then just have to make sure each user is looged on to their own account when adding or buying songs on I tunes.

Hope that helps.

Nordic

3. That is probably the best way - so there was no issue installing iTunes muliple times - provided it was under each seperate Windows account?

I am not sure why Apple has not built in the functionality to let you have multiple librarys in one iTunes install...seems like they would have already done that.

Thanks.

4. Nordic

Nordic

No issue, you will need a seperate working E-mail account each time you set up another Itunes account. i use comcast and just added new ones for my kids. I just wish they paid the Itunes bill. :D

5. I don't think you have to install iTunes multiple times. Although I'm not positive, since it's been a while since I set it up, but iTunes will show up for every XP user after being installed just once. Each user, though, will have a different library. Songs can also be shared between libraries by dragging and dropping the Album/Artist folders into iTunes from the other persons My Documents/My Music folder.

6. Thanks. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

7. Works great, thanks guys.

One install of iTunes. Every XP account/user has their own "My Music" folder with associated iTunes folders.