IPII - Hurricane play started?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by topdown, Mar 22, 2007.

1. This was one of the better calls I have seen made on here. When the thread was first started, the stock was at 8 and change. Now its at 12 and change and appears we might be heading for a double.

#51     May 21, 2007
  2. hels02

hels02

My favorite for a 'hurricane play' is BTJ. It's not quite hurricane related, but sort of :D .

If we get anything bad through the gulf this year, BTJ will do even better than the doubling it's done in the last 2 months. That and its financials and growth rate are amazing.

The flip side bet against hurricanes is UVE. If we don't get any hurricanes in Florida this year... the bottom line for UVE will be crazy too.

So cover ass and buy both:).

#52     May 22, 2007
  3. #53     May 22, 2007
  4. topdown

topdown

I'm taking profits here for a nice 60% gain. It appears someone is trying to cap it at 13.25 with a 13,000+ share sell order.

I will be looking to buy back in the 12's should it get there.

Congrats to all who got in on this trade.

#54     May 23, 2007
  5. noooooooooooo. hold the line! i have been tempted to cover this piece since it hit $11!

but i gotta stick by my guns and hold it till it hits $25. and dang i feel stupid for not buying the last dip down to $10.50.

good call btw.

#55     May 23, 2007
  6. Probably the best call on ET. I would of sold today as well since I was supposed to get in on this in the 10's. Personally I don't think its gonna have the run it had last year and the year before even though they are calling for an active hurricane season. But since I'm not in it, it may run to 20 by late August...just the way its been for me this year.

#56     May 23, 2007
  7. topdown

topdown

In reviewing the past years spring run-ups, this has never gone straight up (does anything?), but has been a series of jumps followed by periods of retracement / consolidation (as usual).

I am looking to buy back in the 12.15 to 12.25 area which is the 1/3 Fib retracement from the 5/15 low to today's high.

Monistat - I was holding substantially more than 100 shares and I HAD to take some profits. I feel confident the market will allow me to get back in at which point I will lead us to the 25+ promise land.

Thanks for the props everyone, glad I could be of service.:D

#57     May 23, 2007
  8. topdown

topdown

I'm looking to get back in this a.m. below 12.50.

#58     Jun 6, 2007
  9. spoonie

spoonie

nows a good time for sure. Its been grabing support at 12.40-50.

#59     Jun 6, 2007
  10. isaacly

isaacly

holdin til 25.

#60     Jun 6, 2007