IPII - Hurricane play started?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by topdown, Mar 22, 2007.

1. TopD WTF. You are taking fridays off now I see. Mr big shot just like my big red broker home with the flue the past 2 (rainy) days. I wonder if he's talking through a voice manipulator when he calls in because he sounds sick as hell... but I'm STILL NOT BUYING IT! You are NOT playing golf I know that. I am itching to by buy this no good company TODAY.

IMPERIAL INDS INC COM NEW (IPII: NASDAQ)
    Capital Goods : Construction - Raw Materials
    Last Price Today's Change Bid (Size) Ask (Size) Volume Trade
    9.6899 +0.2999 (+3.19%) 9.64 x100 9.68 x100 20,449

WHY? NO VOLUME> NO EARNINGS NO FUTURE BUT MY LEFT SHOULDER SAYS WE ARE ABOUT A WEEK AWAY FROM THAT FIRST BAD BOY IN THE MID ATLANTIC!!!!

#41     Apr 27, 2007
  2. topdown

topdown

Stoney, All I can say is here are my predictions for IPII and the forecasted 17 named storms:

Andrea – Storm forms off coast of Africa, Hubby Greenspan declares storm will cause recession, market tanks (as does the storm), but IPII is up on the news - $10.50

Barry – 2nd named storm of the season veers north towards NY and the Copacabana, but due to still cold Atlantic peters out, stock stills jumps a bit on speculation - $11.00

Chantal – Repeat of 1989 storm of same name, hits Texas as Cat.1 - $11.25

Dean – Storm has an eye like a big pizza pie, hits Naples (FL) - $14.00

Erin – Go Braugh – Hits Mexico to take revenge to the traitors – check your history - $14.50

Felix – Gets tired playing with tail and goes to sleep in the ocean - $14.75

Gabrielle – Reece – SPIKES FL causing massive damage to panhandle IPII breaks $20.00 – can you DIG it?

Humberto - Hits Central America – $20.50

Ingrid – Forms off coast of Morocco (near Casablanca), heads to North Atlantic $21.00

Jerry – Takes a trip along the east coast, Truckin’ up the I-95 corridor. $26.00

Karen – A low front starves it of energy and it just blows away. $25.00

Lorenzo – (Charles) – SLAMS into Houston at the last second – $25.50

Melissa – Sweet Melissa spares the States. – $25.00

Noel – Hits Alabama and Mississippi with a Wonderwall of a tidal surge. $28.00

Olga – Just hops, skips, twists and flips along in the ocean. $28.00

Pablo – Nails Miami like the drug lord did to Tony Montana. “Don’t fuck me Toney, don’t you ever try to fuck me.” – $32.00

Rebekah – This is what I name my new boat. $36.00

#42     Apr 27, 2007
  3. It's good to see you haven't lost your touch. That was awesome. We really should be submitting some of this stuff to Mark Hulbert, by my account we are killing all his newsletters. As I was reading I said "Dean – Storm has an eye like a big pizza pie, hits Naples (FL) - $14.00... here's where I bail out too early and Lorenzo when I come crawling back in! "

I raised cash today like chicken little. It's so distressing I e bombed the hedge fund on a sleepy friday and insisted they send me a list of 10 names that spiked in my account I took one look and sold all but AMSC. Oil is going to hit $70 next week market will take notice. These earnings 68% have beaten their number I am not comfortable investing with that premise-- the lower the bar thing it's too obvious this time-- that ratchet from 10% growth to 3% never before that I can remember. Corporate Spending is not happening like I would see it's all buy backs and dividends that creates a ponzi atmosphere the market only works efficiently when there a higher PE afforded those who take R&D risk. Innovation is lagging, WHY THE FUc& Did WE NOT GET BACK INTO GCOM!!!!
    Ok I said it, I was going to pretend I wasn't going too-- I know I PM'ed you to put this back on the board or I meant to... some kind fella brought it to my attention today on ET. I'm going to say this quietly but this stock gets weird investment house (sounds like holdmen kacks) support now and then. You will get volume spikes and they know they can move it. I've seen it do one of these runs before everytime you say it's going to pull back it keeps going-- one new factor this time is an earnings report-- in this market that could be an entry point if someone sold the news. Where was I... Oh yea I raised cash today.
    I'm buying IPII next week if you have a happy price give it up~ stoney

#43     Apr 27, 2007
  4. topdown

topdown

Damn - I haven't checked on GCOM since I got out on the 2/27 market hurl. (At least I got out even on that one). Hate that we missed the move, I guess we were just ahead of it's time. The question is do we jump back in Monday or wait closer to earnings? Damn - we held that for over a month as it drifted along on no volume doing nothing, then BANG - up 20% the past week and half.

As far as an entry for IPII goes, I'd say anywhere below 10 would be good. If it breaks 10 again (with any volume), I doubt it'll see single digits again until hurricane season is over. But that reminds me of a Buffett song -

Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season

Squalls out on the gulf stream,
    Big storms coming soon.
    I passed out in my hammock,
    God, I slept way past noon.
    Stood up and tried to focus,
    I hoped I wouldn't have to look far.
    I knew I could use a Bloody Mary,
    So I stumbled next door to the bar.

#44     Apr 27, 2007
  5. topdown

topdown

Today's Discussion
    Subtropical Storm Andrea off the Southeast U.S.
    Posted: 9-MAY-2007 11:13am EDT

A storm that has been off the Southeast coast of the U.S. since Sunday has slowly transitioned from a low pressure area into a Subtropical Storm. Subtropical Storm Andrea is located about 140 miles southeast of Savannah, Ga., and has been drifting slowly to the west, but it is expected to become nearly stationary. Maximum sustained winds are 45 mph, with gusts to 55 mph. A general weakening trend is expected the next couple of days while the storm remains nearly stationary. The storm will continue to bring rough seas and pounding surf along the Southeast coast as the strongest winds and heaviest rain should remain offshore.

Another Hurricane play worth considering is PEC. Powerline repairs in SE US.

#45     May 9, 2007
  6. dang i shoulda taken more than 100 shares of IPII. i didnt think we'd get a hurricane till early june.

PEC doesnt look nearly as good as IPII. it is trading at 52 week highs and doesnt really follow the hurricane season.

#46     May 9, 2007
  7. I'm really kicking myself for not buying in the 9 range. Nice seeing one of your stocks go up on little volume. Momo players may jump in anytime soon and drive this baby higher. Maybe 1M volume tomorrow? I don't know, I missed the boat and have decided not to chase it. God damn it! This was gonna be a play in my ROTH if I did, what a pussy I am...

#47     May 9, 2007
  8. Quiet 12% gain today on barely any volume. Will be interesting if it can hold the 12's and start it's seasonal run again.

#48     May 18, 2007
  9. hold the line. it is tempting to take some profit off the table now but im not kicking any until this thing hits $25.

#49     May 18, 2007
  10. S2007S

S2007S

i didnt watch this stock for about 2 weeks, last I checked it was trading around 9 and change, yesterday over 12.....

I guess one hurricane and this stock goes to 15+

#50     May 18, 2007