IPII - Hurricane play started?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by topdown, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Boy we are looking at the exact same levels which is interesting since you are coming from a more nuanced place. fibonacci boy! Here's the thing to rem,ember back in 05 the BIG year for hurricanes this stock doubled TWICE! BUT WHAT's SCARY... it wasn't one jump then another it was one and total retrace and another. So we must be cognizant that this stock is in very weak speculative hands who will likely sell as soon as the first big storm hits shore... then if you believe it will be an active season you would buy it again. The first double now? Well a storm would have to strike THE SOUTH head on... but it will move a buck just (on one being at sea which is guaranteed so Yes somewhere $9.50 $9.60 $9.75 is THE place to own this stock. And DARE I SAY if you want to keep your charts short term you COULD make the argument $9.97 is the pivot and really anything under $10 is a buy and that's why you keep seeing it pop back to $10.

Imperial Industries (IPII)

# IIPI makes building materials such as stucco, plaster and roofing products, as well as gypsum wallboard, roofing and insulation products. The co has said that the repairs of damaged property last year had a "major" favorable effect on demand. It's worth noting that the company is based in Pompano Beach, FL and just about all sales are to southeastern states.
    # IPII is profitable and posted revenue growth last year of 31% to $72.3 mln. Also, EPS over the past 3 years has grown from $0.28 in 2003 to $1.02 in 2004 and $1.34 in 2005.
    # Applying Q1's EPS growth rate (27%) for the full year, this computes to an EPS of $1.71 for a very reasonable PE of 13.5x. Two years ago, -2005-the stock jumped nearly 100% twice. From early July to early Aug, $16 to $30, & after a pullback, jumped again from $16 to $29 when Katrina came by in late August.

#31     Apr 12, 2007
  2. topdown

topdown

What's the saying - stoned minds think alike, or something like that:D

#32     Apr 12, 2007
  3. TopD Today would be the day on ASYS low volume puke back caught in solar sell off-- right where I started tracking it @ $ 8.33. What do you think?

#33     Apr 18, 2007
  4. topdown

topdown

Stoney - Just placed an order for 500 @8.25 (1/2 position). Let's see if it gets filled and where she goes. BTW - you may want to check the chart on an old play of ours CLWT - it has had pretty good movement the last 2 days.

#34     Apr 18, 2007
  5. Nice heads up on CLWT I think it may be to a recent NY Times article on China's water pollution problem. The Yangzi River is in very bad shape and even this new damn is polluted now. If I told you my penchant for over reacting and going all in with this stock you would laugh me out the door. Somehow it's just too logical for this type of company...

Euro Tech Holdings Company Limited (Euro Tech) is a distributor of a range of advanced water treatment equipment (including chlorination equipment), laboratory instruments, analyzers, test kits and related supplies and power generation equipment (including recorders and power quality analyzers). The Company's operations are located entirely within Hong Kong and the People's Republic of China. The Company distributes analytical re-agents and chemicals to support testing systems of laboratory and portable instruments, process analyzers and portable test kits and assist in the analysis process. Euro Tech offers a variety of test kits to test water quality....

>> not to make killer money in China! How could it not? Yet I have been burned twice already and only lost money on this stock. Will 3rd time be a charm I wonder....

#35     Apr 18, 2007
  6. Nice move again today. I haven't bought yet and was hoping to see an entry point in the 8's. Barely any volume yet on this bad boy. I really should buy this in my ROTH and leave it alone till August....

Good call OP on this one!

#36     Apr 23, 2007
  7. topdown

topdown

Thanks P&D. There was a bid at 9.50 for 10,000 shares sitting there all afternoon that was protecting the bottom. Sure hope that buyer stays with us. Still looking for volume to increase my position. There was good / bad news this weekend specifically about increased storms projected in the Gulf.

#37     Apr 23, 2007
  8. TopD- what up? It's about the calendar time I wanted to be in this stock. Wanted to re check with you on the fundamentals- that was a HORRID EARNINGS REPORT and the housing situation in FL seems to be getting worse... will this overwhelm storm rebuild mania? I don't think so. Stk did not sh*t to bed as it should have. What you think? Bollinger bands VERY wide, but RS says buy now MACD looks good, I don't know what any of this means but it's fun to push the buttons!
    ~ stoney

ps BW pump column had another storm play I tore it out but may of wiped myself with it. Home Solutions or something HSOE?/??? That's from memory. set me straight.

#38     Apr 27, 2007
  9. HSOA

#39     Apr 27, 2007
  10. Thank you longhorns- Talk about fast!
    How long till Google buys this great site I wonder?

#40     Apr 27, 2007