iPhone- Are you buying one?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Joe, Jun 3, 2007.

Are you buying the iphone?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. No

48 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. Yes, only if it doesn't require a new aditional 2 year contract.

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. FUnctionality is actually better from what I have seen.

My complaint is the Storage Size.. 4GB or 8 GB.

In the real world I guess it isnt so bad, but I have a VERY LARGE catalogue of music and even getting half of it on an iPod is a work of Magic. LOL.

But 8GB max... Hmmm, Guess there was a reason I didnt buy a Nano.....

Wont detract from all the other features....Surfing the web and all my sites while in the grocery store shopping is a must. (ok, not really, but very nice....)

#11     Jun 6, 2007
  2. just21

just21

It is only 2g so web surfing will be slow. I am waiting for the 3.5g hdspa model.

#12     Jun 6, 2007
  3. For me it will be an upgrade from my Sidekick 2. I have held on to that thing because no other PDA offered the feature set wanted WITH javascript...... 3.5 Would be nice...

#13     Jun 6, 2007
  4. just21

just21

Nokia e90, available in june, is 3.5g and has gps.

#14     Jun 6, 2007
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

How much space does the biggest i-pod hold now?

#15     Jun 6, 2007
  6. not only do you pay big money for the phone, but like all other phones, the services cost extra. pfft.

#16     Jun 6, 2007
  7. gnome

gnome

Not buying one.

Never bought any Apple product.... likely never will.... their nose is too far up in the air.

PS... the iPod is STUPID compared to the Creative Zen. :D

#17     Jun 6, 2007
  8. The largest Ipod is 80GB, but that has a hard drive. The Iphone (and Ipod Nano/Shuffle) uses a flash drive, which currently maxes out at 8GB. There have been rumors that a 16GB flash drive will become cheap enough in the very near future for Apple to start using it in their products. At the very least, I would expect the next generation of Iphones and Nano's to have 12GB of space.

#18     Jun 6, 2007
  9. I had kind of assumed that the driving force behind the iPhone would be that it would become a must have fashion accessory. Instant conversation starter when you whip that sleek thing out in a bar. But you guys are focusing on actual features. Will buyers do that? Can't you get the same features a lot cheaper?

My prediciton is that every Apple and T store will be out of these things by 9:05 on June 29, but if I'm wrong I wouldn't want to be holding the stock.

#19     Jun 6, 2007
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

How many songs can you get on a 8gb flash drive?

#20     Jun 6, 2007