Iphone App

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SimpleTrades, May 28, 2014.

1. I have to admit in advance that this has nothing to do with trading. I am asking this question here because I know that we have quite a few tech savvy people here who may have a good answer for me.

My job while mastering this trading skill is delivering beer and liquor to private homes. Its a very low stress, reasonably well paid job that keeps my mind free to do other things.

The most annoying part of this job is the simple act of having to hand write a receipt that I need to get signed by every customer. This is requirement of the liquor licensing here in Ontario. When its busy, the act of handwriting multiple and often long receipts is very time consuming. Since I am paid by the number of orders I complete, its in my best interest to find ways to make myself as efficient as possible.

I want to design an iPhone application that interfaces with a receipt printer through Bluetooth.

1) Order comes in through an email on an iCloud account.
    2) Application parses email body, extracts data, formats it and sends it to the receipt printer.
    3) Customer signs receipt.

Sounds easy, right? I can't figure out what should be the easiest part: Parsing the email body of an email coming from an iCloud account using the standard mail client that comes with the iPhone. I don't need help with the actual parsing. I can't figure out how to get at the emails in the iPhone mail client so I can parse the email body. Anybody know how to do this?

Here's an example email.

Mike
    Apt: 9
    20 Some Street
    Ottawa, ON, CA
    K1L
    Phone: 613-XXX-XXXX

Other Info: Customer has empties to return.

Campaign: B4U

Payment Type: Debit

24 Bottles 341 ml - $34.95
    Canadian - LCBO# 900779

Product Total: $34.95
    Delivery Total: $8.00
    Processing Fee: $2.00
    HST: $1.30
    Grand Total: $46.25