iPhone 4s vs. new Android?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by opt789, Oct 18, 2011.

1. opt789

opt789

#11     Oct 18, 2011
  2. What is the best phone for international use? I am tired of buying unlocked phones and then getting the chip in country. Any smart phone I can use here and then take with me to hit the ground running when I travel?

#12     Oct 18, 2011
  3. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

Thanks for the link. RAZR... back to pre iPhone days? :D

#13     Oct 18, 2011
  4. Mr_You

Mr_You

From what I've read, any GSM capable phone should work. Many new phones are compatible with both GSM and CDMA networks. But beware you'll be paying MUCH higher charges per voice minute/data rate vs buying a SIM card/chip in the country you're visiting. And also I've read most new world phones are unlocked when you buy them so you can swap easier.

#14     Oct 18, 2011
  5. dave74

dave74

I have a feeling we're seeing a replay of Betamax vs VHS all over again with Android being VHS.

However, this time VHS is better.

#15     Oct 18, 2011
  6. cstfx

cstfx

#16     Oct 18, 2011
  7. tortoise

tortoise

#17     Oct 18, 2011
  8. opt789

opt789

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_...kes-it-sparkle/?part=rss&subj=crave&tag=title

Samsung’s Galaxy Nexus has been released along with Android 4.0. There are no real reviews out yet since it is brand new, but so far the phone is good, if not great, and ice cream sandwich looks very good but you won’t know for sure until people test it more. With these new phones and new Android OS I think Apple finally has some serious competition. Next year will be very interesting to see how each company progresses.

With the giant screen and new OS I am leaning toward getting the new Nexus, I am just waiting until some real reviews come out.

#18     Oct 19, 2011
  9. N54_Fan

N54_Fan

I have the latest Samsung Galaxy S II and compared it to the iPhone 4S and they are almost even but I give the edge to the Galaxy S II given the larger crisper screen and faster processor and 4G versus the iPhone is only 3G smaller screen and less not quite a good graphics in my opinion. The Siri thing is overblown as the Galaxy S II has a similar feature and it does all the same things as the Siri (Voice commnds for call, text, message, web search, etc.) I have use it and it works great. I LOVE the new Galaxy S II.

#20     Oct 31, 2011