IPE Options

Discussion in 'Options' started by def, Jul 29, 2005.

1. just21

just21

IB should offer very low commissions, for three or six months, to get the market going. I am sure the exchange would cooperate.

#41     Aug 24, 2005
  2. def

def Sponsor

don't take this the wrong way but I think if we offered 0 commissions it would make a difference. Given the volumes and most importantly no markets being made - I can't imagine IPE options being a priority for any brokerage firms at the moment. Some markets work, others don't.

#42     Aug 24, 2005
  3. just21

just21

It has been liquid in the past, the record was in 1993, for Brent options
    Month: 154,396 Feb 1993
    Year: 1,059,222 1993

and the equivalent in New York is liquid.

#43     Aug 24, 2005
  4. TGM

TGM

IPE must have about the worst electronic system available for trading. I think they better concentrate on buying themselves some help or software or something. I cant imagine that an oil exchange goes all electronic and does it with crappiest software on earth.

I have been fooling with IPE on a couple different platforms and the damn thing breaks down more than any system I have seen since the old globex first rolled out. And that may be an insult to the old Globex.

Before you guys traffic in IPE options. Might want to have some contingencies in place. They cannot run electronic/trading system for standard futures trading. Options are more difficult. Just a heads up for anyone thinking about trading IPE. You will get hung. Right now they have so many people bitching at them that they may do something. They have great products and a bull market. So lets hope they take their heads out their @sses.

#44     Aug 24, 2005
  5. just21

just21

What software are they using?

#45     Aug 24, 2005
  6. Xenia

Xenia

Hm ...

#46     Sep 5, 2005
  7. just21

just21

ANy news on when IB are going to allow me to make some markets?

#47     Sep 23, 2005
  8. def

def Sponsor

we can't even get a test trade done as no one is trading it. sorry the priority went from high to very low as we need to concentrate our resources elsewhere.

#48     Sep 23, 2005
  9. just21

just21

I'll put some offers up for you! (if you would let me), I spoke to the IPE and they were talking to a group about making markets. Is there not enough size in the futures for hedging? It seems a good oppertunity for someone.

#49     Sep 23, 2005
  10. How can we get IB to produce statements that provide data in a format that is compatable with Scgedule D? It tkaes far too many hours to transpose the numbers onto Schedule D.

Thanks,

Mark

#50     Sep 24, 2005