IPE Options

Discussion in 'Options' started by def, Jul 29, 2005.

1. def

def Sponsor

Just21 and a few others...

you requested that IB add IPE options on numerous threads so to consolidate, I'm posting here to let you know that they are now available. Perhaps you can use this thread to discuss your experience.

2. just21

just21

I enter COIL as the underlying, choose future, then month september but get an error message no option for underlying. I have logged off and on and get the same message. Any ideas? I am getting the futures data for COIL and have uk futures trading permission.

3. def

def Sponsor

got to apologize. i jumped the gun and posted after receiving some internal info. they aren't available yet for client use. should be soon.

4. just21

just21

I thought it was to good to be true. How liquid are they looking?

5. def

def Sponsor

so far very poor. no one has been quoting them and volumes have been very low. from what I'm told most of the little volume that has traded thus far has been executed OTC and then crossed at the exchange.

6. just21

just21

Options
    Brent Gas Oil
    Jan 3,175 4,465
    Feb 1,896 4,580
    Mar 1,215 3,760
    Apr 3,375 3,595
    May 3,102 3,475
    Jun 11,875 8,295

Picking up since they went electronic in May. Are IB going to make markets?

7. def

def Sponsor

IB doesn't make markets in anything. An affiliate Timber Hill does. That is a big distinction. at this time Timber Hill doesn't have any plans to make markets or trade it. I was told if we can get the test trades done, that we're aiming to offer them sometime next week.

8. just21

just21

.......Brent Gas Oil
    Jan 3,175 4,465
    Feb 1,896 4,580
    Mar 1,215 3,760
    Apr 3,375 3,595
    may 3,102 3,475
    Jun 11,875 8,295
    Jul . 9,341 4,032

Big decline in the gas oil (diesel) options last month, Brent down as well. Will IB customers rescue the contract in August?

9. What is the difference between the ICE & IPE?

Scanning the ICE website, apparently they offer a huge energy complex, and all electronic traded? Appears to include even jet fuel & jet fuel crack, naphtha & naphtha crack.

Along the same lines, why does IB offer IPE & not ICE ... or are they one in the same? Then why not the contracts mentioned above?

Thks.

10. just21

just21

The ICE, a new venture capital funded exchange, bought the IPE and converted it from pit to electronic trading. I think the ICE contracts are more like OTC than regular futures.

#10     Aug 1, 2005