Ipad 2

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by killthesunshine, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Will definitely be getting the ipad2 to complete my apple set. I was sure the original ipad was doomed for failure since it was just a bigger ipod but now i see the value of having such device to quickly check email/stocks/web as you lay in bed or on a sofa. Sometimes you just dont want to sit in front of a computer...

I have been using the iphone 3gs and the IB tws app as my primary trading tool for a while now. For most part it works well and saves me the 10min trip home during lunch hour. Next phone will be either iphone 5 (if it has 4g support) or i might be forced to get an android. 4G support has priority over iphone by far. And definitely switching to verizon now that they rolled out lte 4g.

Only thing i still dont see a use for is the apple tv since i already have netflix loaded on my ps3 and bluray players, and directv let me order 1080p hd movies from them with 1 click.

#42     Feb 11, 2011
  2. IPad Killer to the EXTREME!!
    This little baby beats the iPad 1, 2 & 3 hands down. That wormy Apple is nothing but a toy.

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=QhWKR7Fmv4jDLbBY

[​IMG]

Specifications
    Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit
    Display 12.1" LED Backlight WXGA Screen
    Capacitive and Electromagnetic Panel (1280*800) with AFFS

CPU Intel Dual-Core i5 470um
    Memory DDR3, 1 x SO-DIMM, 2GB/4GB
    Storage 32GB/64GB SSD
    Wireless Data Network WLAN 802.11 b/g/n@2.4GHz
    Bluetooth V3.0
    webkamera 2.0 M Pixel Camera
    Audio Hi-Definition Audio CODEC
    Stereo Speakers
    Digital Array Mic
    Interface 1 x Digitizer pen
    2 x USB 2.0 port
    1 x 2-in-1 Audio Jack (Head Phone /Mic-in)
    1 x mini HDMI port
    1 x Card Reader: MMC/ SD(SDHC/SDXC)
    1 x DC-IN

Battery Battery Life: 4.5hrs
    Play 1080p video: 2.4hrs
    34W/hr Polymer Battery

Power Adaptor Output: 19.5V 60W with USB charging port
    Input: 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz universal
    Dimensions 312 x 207.2 x 16.95 mm (WxDxH)
    Weight 1.16 kg
    Accessories 1 x User Manual
    1 x Warranty Card
    1 x Support DVD
    1 x Foil Case (with support function)
    1 x Power Adaptor
    1 x Bluetooth Keyboard ;
    1 x Cleaning Cloth
    5 x Refill Nips
    1 x Nip Remover
    2 x AAA Battery for KB

#43     Feb 17, 2011
  3. That would be too heavy, but I like the specifications!

#44     Feb 17, 2011
  4. I had the 3G, 3GS, 4, and went to Android a few months ago. The ability to run flash means more than I thought it would. I can run logmein, slingbox, rhapsody, just as I could under the IP4, but can also watch video within a webpage with flash 10.x. The AMOLED screen on the Android is better than the IP4, IMO. I can also play FT poker.

I find the Android OS ports or these apps to be equal, and in some cases better, than under iOS.

#45     Feb 17, 2011
  5. I agree it is a bit on the heavy side but the specs are really nice.
    The next step it to put all of that "umph" in a 7" to 9" tablet at about 1.5 pounds.

#46     Feb 17, 2011
  6. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

Asus is what i recommend to a buddy to buy , when i really dont like that buddy.

Nice try, XOOM is it. sotcked out of the gate, it is the one to beat.

Price is what you pay, value is what you get.

EF

#47     Feb 17, 2011
  7. I have Asus high end Motherboards in a majority of my systems in my office and have never had a single problem.
    14 of the 22 screens in my office are Asus and again no problems.

I like the Xoom but with it's 1GB of DDR2 Ram compared to Eee's 4GB of DDR3, 32GB MAX of SSHD compared to Eee's 64GB and smaller processor I wouldn't call it "stocked". The $400 price difference is a bit pricey for the difference in specs but I will pay it for having the more robust hands on power and memory I need. Anything less than 2GB of ram is a toy.

I like the Android OS and use LogMeIn as well to access my server but I still like having some of my more hardy applications that I use like (Office) Outlook 2010, my trading platform, SKYPE, Streets & Trips, a backup of my charting platform, a backup of my data provider and Dragon Naturally Speaking 11 to lay resident on my tablet. The AOS can't give me that access.

#48     Feb 17, 2011
  8. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

All valid points and well explained. No dissent here. To each thier own and you have valid reasons for your purchases.

+1 for you Prof.

Ef

#49     Feb 17, 2011
  9. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

#50     Feb 17, 2011