Ipad 2

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by killthesunshine, Feb 5, 2011.

1. bespoke

bespoke

don't forget to buy a matching murse to put your ipad in

#31     Feb 8, 2011
  2. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

#33     Feb 9, 2011
  3. Too little Ram. (2GB minimum should be standard)
    Processor too slow. (Dual processor should be larger than 1Ghz)
    Storage to small. (64GB SSHD should be a minimum)
    And that is just the beginning . . .
    The Chinese clones are better than this piece of Motojunk crap.

[​IMG]

#34     Feb 9, 2011
  4. #35     Feb 10, 2011
  5. #36     Feb 10, 2011
  6. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

Chinese clones? Is there a brand you can give us.

What are we talking about, some custom/stolen jobs. Same type of place where you call 2 months later with a question and the shop is now a shoe factory/sanyo refurbisher, haha,

The Xoom has better components out of any company that has an "800" number that wont be turned off in 3months.

EF

#37     Feb 10, 2011
  7. First, I recycle all of my work (heavy use) computers every 12 to 18 months so long warranties aren't a concern to me.

I've tested a bunch of new tablet PC's and the HP Slate is the best so far for a slate type.
    I own an HP TX2Z, AMD 2.4 Dual Core, 8GB Ram, 500GB HD & Win 7 Ultimate 64bit that is stellar for a Laptop/Touch combo.
    I just received the EXO PC (Canadian made slate type) today and am really impressed. (Jury still out until I abuse it for a week or so)
    After the HP the Nav 9 (slate type) from Netbook Navigator is next in line. Its a solid well built tablet.
    I like the ePad (slate type) from China but don't like the HD (SSHD's preferred).

I will not make a permanent commitment to a slate type tablet until I can have; Multi-touch, a 128GB SSHD, 4GB+ DDR3 RAM, a minimum dual core Intel or i3 processor, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit compatible, dual cameras, WiFI +N, Bluetooth, HDMI, USB 2.0 & USB 3.0 ports.

This slate type will happen and should be released by Summer.

Just so you know, the Xoom, like most tablet PC's are built in China.

#38     Feb 10, 2011
  8. Huge Apple user, but agree 100%. Android tablets will always have a problem w/o a usable app store. It's a pain to locate decent apps on my 2.2 Captivate. Android is awesome, but poorly integrated.

OS X app store just hit my macs this week and it's fantastic, but I gave my son my IP3GS due to lack of flash.

#39     Feb 10, 2011
  9. BwPirt

BwPirt

I'd be looking out for 2 iPad's this year.

http://gizmodo.com/#!5756403/why-people-are-talking-about-the-ipad-3-when-the-ipad-2-isnt-even-out-yet

#40     Feb 10, 2011