IP Addresses (forum posts) confidential??

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by gotta_trade, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Nice to see there are a few people who know what they are talking about. You are absolutely correct in that IP addresses cannot be faked. And I agree with all your other points. Sadly, too many users on this site open their mouth without really knowing what they are talk about. Nice to see a few stand outs!!

#61     Aug 11, 2013
  2. what a bullshit!!!!

NO, your web and surf history is not written to ANY hardware medium at least not irrevocably. You can easily wipe out your surf history and if you really want to make sure that it is wiped out then you can do a low-level format. There are very simple ways to ensure that all your history is gone. Furthermore, there are simple ways to ensure that you limit access to third parties to access your current, existing, browsing activities. So, most of what you said in that regards is PLAIN WRONG.

When you talk about screen loggers those are software pieces that install on your machine and take screen grabs at frequent intervals and send it back them back to the originator. Keyloggers are also frequent in regards to malicious computer attacks. There is no magic nor anything fancy about such tools, its not even fancy to hide them from virus or trojan scanners. There are techniques to hide the outgoing data stream and merge it with data packets that are recognized by the firewall and scanners to be safe.

But what you said is utter bullshit, that you can read screens or key strokes from the room next door without installing any thing on the target machine. You may be able to decypher text sent over the internet if the packets are not encrypted but certainly can you not read the screen unless a specific hardware or software piece is installed on the target machine (not the attacker machine). You seem to be a little paranoid to say the least.

Same crap than what you wrote on this thread:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=277189&perpage=6&pagenumber=8

#62     Aug 11, 2013
  3. One additional thing: you will never find me telling you how to do things against the public interest. My job was to protect corporations information and I still do even though I don't work for them now. I can vaguely tell you well known information, but not specific details.

I'm sure many answers on this thread are put here in a similar vein.

#63     Aug 11, 2013
  4. vicirek

vicirek

I think that guy was referring to electromagnetic field generated by CRT tube that could be used to read screen from proximity location and not software. That is why he talks about led shield (I guess that would have to be Faraday cage but I am not that good in physics). My question is if current LCD screens are generating enough of this disturbance. It is not much relevant these days but maybe someone knows few technical details about this.

On the paranoid side; I would assume that each piece of hardware has some built in logic or firmware hole that would allow to identify or access such computer without anybody knowing it. Chinese are doing it and I would be surprised if US would just sent processors etc. to foreign countries without being able to "do something"

#64     Aug 11, 2013
  5. You mean something like STUXNET?

http://spectrum.ieee.org/telecom/security/the-real-story-of-stuxnet

Years ago sitting in a weekly meeting with the top technical people in areas for a company, we were discussing a spybot program recently discovered inside our company. Since I was considered the leading expert in this area, eventually it came to me to speak on what to do about it. I think we should contact the author and license it for the company I said.

When the laughter died down, I continued. Consider how hard it is for me to release an upgrade system wide within a day to 2000 programs on varied ever-changing platforms, some of which we don't even know all the internal technical details of. Management approval, customer permissions, project office, scheduling outages and people, testing etc. These guys released something that updates itself rapidly, secretly, and without a single user complaint that we have heard. I want that technology for our company. It is the future of middleware software technology.

... after some thoughtful looks, I then explained what actions we would really do and even more important, how we would prevent one like it from entering our company again ....

#65     Aug 11, 2013
  6. vicirek

vicirek

One thing funny about Stuxnet is that it is huge in size in comparison to average virus so it is easy to miss.

#66     Aug 11, 2013
  7. I just depends on how bad they want to find you. How much resources they throw at. I could dink around with Maltego and find out stuff at ET members.

Of course if I was Snowden with xkeyscore I could find out all in a moment.

#67     Aug 11, 2013
  8. blackt

blackt

There only person that can do that is the website owner. If the person has committed a crime against you, you're going to have to get a judge to issue a warrant for the site owner to give your lawyer that info. Of course the info is recorded on the owner's server somewhere, you just can't get to it. You can find our what is my IP address by just typing it on Google.

You can find our how to change ip address but you will not get the poster's IP address voluntarily.

Let us know what the outcome of your search is.

#68     Apr 10, 2014
  9. I am agree with mark that anyone can find with IP address and most of spammer use proxy server to make spams

#69     Apr 22, 2014
  10. #70     Apr 28, 2015