Invitation to see Tara & Jack Hershey trade against each other

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teasinggtara, Mar 8, 2009.

1. last item daily profits in terms of the daily range.

A basic ATS is shown in the pics I posted.. Add segments to show wins and losses. Take losses to get on the right side of the market.

This ATS is indicator based AND PRICE IS NOT USED IN THE ATS.

THE DAILY RANGE IS CALCULATED BY DAILY HIGH MINUS THE DAILY LOW. CALL IT 25 POINTS FOR THIS DAY'S WORK.

From this point on it is phishing for you and humor for me.

SCT trading on any skill level is rewarding daily. Basic stuff has been shown in graphics in this thread and beyond basics more cash flow results. Making 75 points or more for those charts is not a challenge in any way I know of. It is there and the market telegraphs the trades. Taking the telegraphed offer is a smooth and easy time of trading. A lot of people shut down mentally (minds become permanently closed) after they dose themselves with the results of poor decision making to get beliefs that are fucked up.

You now have some needs. Too bad for you.

At this point you may want to consider how you got to where you are. I considered how you got to where you are. To continue to not trade commodities is a top notch decision for you. You may also want to get a better platform for viewing the markets.

#41     Apr 26, 2009
  2. For the fun of it, tell me what it is you are doing with your time.

You gave Eric (the journal editor) your bank wiring stuff when you were trying to buy stuff from him. Should we send you enough money to attend Vegas. I'm beginning to think it would be fun to watch you for a day in a room with some guys doing trading and chatting about SCT live. We could make some Utubes of you, pehaps.

#42     Apr 26, 2009
  3. T2GR8T

T2GR8T

Poor Jack.. too old and frail to get out of the house anymore and has to resort to this sort of mental masturbation :p

#43     Apr 26, 2009
  4. T2GR8T

T2GR8T

Just the fact you have to lie about me confirms you know I beat you :p

#44     Apr 26, 2009
  5. Check your line, you are using the wrong bait....

Didn't someone give you a set phone numbers at Rosenthal Collins in Chicago last week?

#45     Apr 26, 2009
  6. T2GR8T

T2GR8T

The truth is far simpler Jack.. you don't have a performance record because you've never traded.. you are a washed up insurance agent that never made the cut

#46     Apr 26, 2009
  7. SK0

SK0

Hi Jack.

What is Sector Rotation? Where could I find more info about it?

TIA.
    - SK0

#47     Apr 26, 2009
  8. T2GR8T

T2GR8T

#48     Apr 26, 2009
  9. Hi Jack, great to see you're back on form and up to your old tricks again. I had fun over the weekend reading your hilarious posts and when I came back you're just cracking me up.

This is going to be a bit complex for you to understand, but the idea of the competitive challenge was that we would BOTH agree WHEN it was going to happen and it has to be when the market is OPEN.

Also it was NOT a WRITING challenge but a LIVE TRADING CHALLENGE. I have to admit if it's a writing and post market drawing competition, I'm going to "crap out" as it terrifies me. I am not sure I can get the lines and arrows in the correct position.

Live trading would be a different matter, so let's set a date and do it. Remember I said I would set up a private forum where only you and I could post and lots of ET traders could watch?

Did they all crap out on watching? Do you think they might need to know WHEN it is taking place and WHAT the URL is?

Looks like you won hands down Jack as not only did I not show up - no one but you showed up. Look around you and ask the other inmates or the doctors if they can spot a flaw in your logic.

Anyway lets get a date everyone on ET knows about IN ADVANCE. When suits?

PS: it's my ex., not my hubby. I owe you an apology: I used water boarding all w/e and he's finally admitted he was responsible for the 911 attacks and he's been trying to reverse engineer SCT. Once again you are correct :)

#49     Apr 27, 2009
  10. Most of the commnetary was before ET came on line.

The data feed is the IBD which uses 197 sectors. As is true of PVT trading, unusual volume gives a signal before there is any prive movement.

The parallel is sector rank and there are several fractals, meaning x. y. and z ranks according to weeks back for rank.

There are two analytical streams: sectors coming into favor and sectors going out of favor. As in sports a lot of energy is devoted to knocking off the top teams or top players. Think of walking a batter with a top avrage or fouling a poor foul shooter at the end of the fourth quarter.

There is also the "leader/lagger" element in picking sector stocks within sectors. The major aid for this handicapping is in stocktables.com. Two things become apparent: liquidity and sector. Hot sectors show up and their liquidity facet relates to the partial fill requirements.

The attached covers three ATS's and the five parametrs for each are mentioned: trading modus, upper limit of capital, upper limit of stream, partial fill max size and length of profit segment hold.

[​IMG]

The next level of detail in SSR is that you make about 4% a week for the 4 to five weeks. Sector rotation is slow and it bears on econometrics primarily; that is direct, indirect, induced and substitution effects.

For example, to day in the banking sector there is the direct and substitution effect of getting new bank charters. Also the are things like indirect and induced effects of the IRS current training going on in the evaluator and supervisor levels. For one thing on these two levels they are required to acknowledge that they cannot understand financial stuff they are supplied if that is the case. Also the IRS congressional liason is required to keep legislators informed if the IRS staffing is screwing up AND the congressmen are the definers of how long the IRS has to get up to snuff. this means that those in given sectors sometimes get windfalls and they can move forward in significant ways over the first few weeks of their obtained advantages. And it goes the other way too. See the sectors that are being given new and stimulating tax advantages to get jobs created.

Sector Rotation has another characteristic that is very advantageous. It is in the herd activity level of consideration. when you pull up a sector of stocks and compare them you get to see them peeling off one after another as a phase change takes place in volume (liquidity). Phase change means an order of magnitude change in daily activity. This can also be seen in combo sorts of EPS and RS percentiles (IBD Data, again). It is like sleepy heads waking up and going from low volatility cycles to high beta cycles.

Also part of sector rotation considerations take into account the parallel shifts in PE ratios and even the "advent" of PE ratios.

Personally, I do some MA activity on occasion. Making money is a quarterly affair and it has to do with sectors as well. If you do TFSE or you mo9nitor such you see PE's quadruple in a year and that means a 100% a quarter price increase relative to the TFSE initial value for the first year. This is the letting it ride aspect of sector rotation. Look to the energy sector for this phenom, for example. At one time I did this with the stock that ws listed next to Apple. Because of the proximity, there were some nice pushes by the herd. The induced effect is that after the TFSE, the bottom line is goosed and the cost is about that of going to the mail box. This shows on 10Q's a quarter trailing.

Some nice exchanges are the Vancouver and the western US exchanges.

Lots of homework, I know. But it is inevitable as you use the weekly sweeping that is required.

Thanks for breaking up the monotonous humor

#50     Apr 28, 2009
    Sprout likes this.