Investor's Business Daily, print edition

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by hughb, Nov 6, 2008.

1. IBD is at least for serious investors and traders. I have spent way too many hour reading the WSJ and have NEVER found one actionable trade. IDB 100 is always going to falter in a bear, and they admit this.

One thing I dislike about IBD is the mystery surrounding their beloved confirmation days on rallies and corrections.

#11     Nov 9, 2008
  2. I first bought IBD when it was 25 cents and a distribution of 24000 in 1984 at O'hare as I was flying to Australia and could not find anything to read on the plane.

By the end of the flight about 4 or 5 guys read the paper and all were attracted to the layout. I remember also getting print over the kitchen table when I started to read it regularly..

To make a long story short, I bought it this weekend for the first time in at least 12 years for $3.00 (1100 % increase in 24 years!). Still get the print on the kitchen table, but this time I found it somewhat confusing initially. The basic info I was looking for is still there though.

I would still buy the IBD in preference to the WSJ, which really hasn't done anything for me.

#12     Nov 9, 2008