Investor RT or Multicharts?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Diamondback 757, Jan 15, 2011.

1. I am looking for a replacement for QT. I loved QT but it looks like its time to get comfortable with something else before QT goes away.

I have narrowed my search to Investor RT and Multicharts. I also would like to go automated.

Any opinions on these? How steep is the learning curve to automate?

2. Sorry for the double post. They both showed up hours after I hit enter.

I am also now looking into Tradestation.

Any opinions?

3. I use Inv RT Pro and it works very well for me linked with the exceptional DTN.IQ feed (tracking Cumulative Delta Volume in futures markets.....I use this as a proxy to track real time "open interest").

I have also recently worked with Multicharts to help them add Cumulative Delta Volume tools and the initial version of these new tools should be out in beta soon. :cool: The main reason I like what I see with Multicharts is the addition of a new DOM, multi-broker linking, multi-data feed linking, and good back testing capabilities. I also have several ATS systems running right now in NT7 (%$#@%^&) that I can't wait to get shifted over to MC......MC is more than adequate for most who run "retail" level automated systems.

My opinion.....stay away from TS. If IB does make a move to take over TS it will be a very ugly child imo!!! :eek:

BTW, you work at "Cactus" (or what used to be AW)? :)

4. I tried both and liked Multicharts.

5. Wow,

Is Dr. Linn and Chad still around?...Investor R/T has a cult following and if they are still developing it, I can imagine it can do anything that you might desire...

When I used Investor R/T many institutional traders swore by it and were posting often in the very active threads there.

HeHe..go back 5 years and you can see me there...HaHa...how I embarrassed myself...

ES

6. I was using Investor R/T + IB for a few years, IRT is excellent - a bit complicated and frustrating to learn at first, but extremely powerful.

Started to have some very costly issues with IB - tried Tradestation and love it.

All in all, IRT excellent product. Highly recommend it. Yes, Linn still around and he will on occassion personally answer emails, once called me when I was having a connection problem circa late 2008.

7. Thanks for the replys.

I have been playing with the Inv RT demo and the MCFX demo since it did not have a limit of 30 days.

Is MCFX very different from MC? I'm primarily trading forex and some futures. I will start the 30 day MC trial before I purchase either.

So far I am leaning towards Inv Rt. and have ruled out TS.

8. tortoise

tortoise

You sure about this? Where can we find out more?

9. tortoise

tortoise

Thanks ... but insofar as I can, they give you a .dll and leave it to you to figure what the heck to do with it.

For those of us who are not expert programmers, it's a rather desultory offering -- certainly not to be compared to Investor R/T. In fact, it's kind of a sock-in-the-nose, don't you think?

And I say this as a huge Multicharts fan.

#10     Feb 6, 2011