investor protection

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by new_to_markets, Feb 23, 2006.

1. I knew that! U IB soldier :D

(am just joking :) )

#11     Feb 23, 2006
  2. new to markets mb's ok. i trade all options with them so speed not impiortant. i think ib's much better overall. but if somebodys a big trader of stocks i'd go with a prop firm much easier to enter orders. how many shares do you trade aq day?

#12     Feb 23, 2006
  3. I dont daytrade. am a swinger man. blocks.

mb work with institutions (so ib I know I know:) ). They say MBTX is cool in handling that. I can also negotiate on pricing. (actually I alway can negotiate on pricing :) )

I am also looking at Red Sky Financial - very flexible guys and let you pick the clearing firm you want and do prime brokerage too - f**king great! They are more expensive than MB though.

#13     Feb 23, 2006
  4. by the way!!! money is not mine so I need to pick a good broker! OR AM DEAD!!!:D

and also - I am new to market :D :D :D

#14     Feb 23, 2006
  5. MAN I'D GO WITH IB WELL OVER MB IF YOU'RE DOING SWING TRADING. EVEN IF YOU NEGOTIATE YOU WON'T BEAT IB PLUS THEN THE ORDER ENTRY DOESN'T MATTER. IB'S FILLS ARE GOOD

#15     Feb 23, 2006
  6. yep... order entries is not that much of a concern, however we humans want the service we pay for :)

#16     Feb 23, 2006
  7. very bad that nobody answered my prime question :)

time goes by and I stay new to markets :)

#17     Feb 23, 2006
  8. GTC

GTC

Does Schwab offers extra monetary protection for CyberTrader? CyberTraders' site probably would have reported it had it been the case. Why do you think IB is less safe than MB or Cybertrader? Both call and email multiple times in different time of the day and week to find out if you like or dislike the Broker's customer service. Remember that some brokers answer only the new account related inquiries very fast.

#18     Feb 24, 2006
  9. Ebo

Ebo

S.I.P.C. is freaking S.I.P.C.!

If the seal is on the door than you are insured for your 3K!
    or 100K in CASH or 500K in worthless stocks.

Grow up .

#19     Feb 24, 2006
  10. Ebo, man :)

what was that? :)

#20     Feb 24, 2006