InvesTools anyone?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by peekaboo2yoo, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Thanks for the clarification. When you've been with ET for awhile you'll understand.

#31     Mar 28, 2007
  2. jbanfai

jbanfai

No problem.... it's unfortunate a few people can actually spoil it for the masses.

#32     Mar 28, 2007
  3. snyking

snyking

I am looking to take an Investools educational seminar. Can anyone join me in getting this. Investools offer free education for a partner. That means if we share the cost, it will be half the price. Currently $2000, can be lowered to $1000 per person.
    Anyone interested, please leave me an email michaeljone@sbcglobal.net

#33     Mar 28, 2007
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

this site has more than enough resource to teach you what investool is going to teach you, free!

#34     Mar 28, 2007
  5. snyking

snyking

I sent $160 via Paypal and he sent me a blank DVD discs. He sent the mail with signature require and Paypal will not be involved with quality of product outside of eBay transactions. Paypal only helps resolve not received item. This guy knows this policy very well and abusing to people like me. Be careful.

"Hi,
    I have backup copies of Investools DVD Courses for sale.
    The following are backup copies I have. If interested please reply to email.
    1) Investools Basic Options (4DVD + Manual)
    2) Investools Advanced Options (6DVD + Manual)
    3) Investools Advanced Technical Analysis (6DVD + Manual)
    4) Investools Currency Trader (7DVD + Manual)
    5) Steve Nison Profitting with Japanese Candlestick DVD
    6) Steve Nison Secrets to becoming a samurai trader : Advanced candlestick DVD

Email me for pricing info. vicuob@yahoo.com Thanks"

#35     Mar 31, 2007
  6. LT701

LT701

from what I've heard of them, you're better off joining Scientology or the hari krishnas. Or maybe joining Amway-tm

they are the kings of 'upselling'

#36     Mar 31, 2007
  7. snyking

snyking

That is toyally not true. I have been to free introductory seminar in Los Angeles and there were many people that came because there friend became millionaire in couple of years following their strategy. As long as I know Investools does not advertise in Los Angeles area but there were more than a couple of hundred people in that seminar and at the end almost all of them pais to sign up for real class comming uo in a week. I had a chance to get an email and phone numbers for some of the people that I met at that seminar and they were pretty happy with the result shwing up within just one month after the class while the market is down.
    I am looking for a partner to join to share the cost of their class. Investools have a policy of free for partner. That means the cost can come down to half. In Los Angeles area, the cost for introductory class is $1,999.00. That can be shared between a partner.
    Also, I am willing to take the course all the way up to PHD which costs around $30,000.00 and I am looking for a partner to share the cost. If signed up for PHD then, introductory class is included in as a package.
    We can upgrade anytime to PHD by paying the difference.
    There website usage is absolutely key to success. Investools hold a conference every year and thousands of people come to their conference. There are more than 200,000 graduated from their educational system. Each of them has $20,000 to $100,000,000 in their portfoilio. They are virtually the one of the biggest investment force in the market. They all invest in some what same stocks that has strong fundamentals and technical analysis. Believe me, you don't want to be on the other side of their strategy.

#37     Mar 31, 2007
  8. nkhoi

I am curious, what review or reviews are you referring to.

I can tell you first hand that Best Choice Software (Program developer Pete and Salesman Sunny, I mention this to make sure we are talking about the same Best Choice) is a great program for equity traders.

I have been a managed equity trader for Paine Webber.

Owned controlling interest in an NASD member broker dealer.

My son is a market maker at the Chicago MERC.

My daughter is with Goldman Sachs in New York.

My family and I have been involved in the markets since 1979.

Some people may give a bad review to a piece of software they don't understand or had a bad experience with.

Or maybe just because they aren't qualified to give the review in the first place.

That is the reason I mention my background. I have had a lot of experience in the markets and with trading software.

I have had a number of custom programs written back in the old days (early 80's) and used a number of others (some good and some BADDDDD!!!!)

But if a trader believes, as I do, that $5,000 is a small price to pay for something that has the potential to make them many times that, then I would strongly suggest they take a serious look at Best Choice Software.

As a very experienced investor, trader and user of investment software, I will say I personally believe Best Choice is a GREAT piece of software.

As with any tool, not everyone will have success with it. But in the right hands this tool CAN DO wonders.

www.bestchoicesoftware.com/Video/MainVideo.htm

#38     Mar 31, 2007
  9. I was (and still am) someone who had not invested in stocks. In July, 2006, I fell for Investools sales pitch that an uneducated person could learn to make money in the stock market by buying and selling individual stocks using their system, which I could learn in 3 - 5 hours per week for six months. I paid for the $995 one-day Basic Stocks class through their co-brand, Success Magazine Investor Education, and also signed up for the $4,999 Basic Options training, which did not even include any live seminars. Although I've asked multiple times, they won't give me a refund. As a matter of fact, they won't even take my calls - I go directly to voice mail when I try to return the calls from the two times the Cancellations Manager returned my voice mails.

You CANNOT spend only 3-5 hours per week to learn how to trade, as Investools will tell you is possible. As others have said, I have found that it takes living and breathing the stock market to actually make money, and I don't want to live and breath the stock market - that's not what I signed up for! I was told I could do this in 3-5 hours per week, which I relied on when I purchased the program!

You can buy the materials on e-bay for a fraction of the cost, and if you do, you will be shocked by the basicness of the materials. If you already know what a put and a call are, your probably don't need it - and if you don't you can find that information for much less. I just found a Dummies book, "“Technical Analysis for Dummies” by Barbara Rockefeller, which lists for $24.95, and sells on the online booksellers for less than $17, which has all of the basic indicators Investools teaches for the lower priced classes (price vs. moving average, MACD, stochastics, volume), and includes Candlesticks, which we were promised with the more expensive classes (which I thank goodness I did not pay for!), as well as other technical indicators.

If you're really interested in making a living in the stock market (like Investools promises, but didn't deliver to me), do the research and learn it yourself - you don't need to pay them $30,000 to learn it. Paying them $30,000 is NOT a short-cut! You will be told "you have to create your own trading system" but I was not helped to actually do so - and didn't even know what it meant. You will still spend the same amount of time (a LOT), but you'll be $30,000 richer!

When I found this statistic, in their own 10-K filed with the SEC for December 31, 2007, it made sense:

They have 278,000 graduates of their Basic course (which is required to use the web site tools).

They have 85,400 current web site subscribers.

Why did over 70% of the people who paid at least $995 just to be able to access the web site not renew the web site tools?

And since they say their graduates have increased by 56% from 2005 to 2006, how many of the 85,400 are still in their "learning period" and haven't had sufficient experience to know whether it will work for them, or are just letting their web site subscriptions expire?

Just think about it.

#39     Apr 8, 2007
  10. By the way, Investools was only incorporated in 2001 - and has a history of acquiring other companies with skills they want - like marketing and sales - and their sales can be from any number of "brands" or companies. This is directly from their 10-K filed with the SEC for December 31, 2006 (http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1145124/000110465907020069/a07-5445_110k.htm)

"The Company was incorporated in Delaware on May 21, 2001, and began operations on December 6, 2001, as a result of a merger between ZiaSun Technologies, Inc., a Nevada corporation (“ZiaSun”), and Telescan, Inc., a Delaware corporation (“Telescan”). Former ZiaSun and Telescan stockholders acquired an approximate 75 percent and 25 percent ownership interest in the Company, respectively. ZiaSun and Telescan each became wholly-owned subsidiaries of the Company. In February 2007, the Company also acquired thinkorswim Group, Inc., a Delaware corporation (“thinkorswim”).

As of December 31, 2006, the Company’s subsidiaries were:
    · <b>ZiaSun, which owns 100 percent of Online Investors Advantage, Inc. (“OIA”). </b> OIA owns 100 percent of Investools Asia Pacific Pte., Limited (“Investools Asia”) and Investools Hong Kong Ltd. (“Investools Hong Kong”).
    · Telescan, which owns 100 percent of Entrepreneurs Online, a Texas corporation.
    · SES Acquisition Corp., a California corporation, operates under the name 360 Group. The Company acquired 360 Group in February 2004. 360 Group was a direct marketing agency that offered services such as custom database development and management, strategic planning, media list lanning and buying, creative and production services, response management and analytic services. <b>The Company acquired 360 Group in order to internalize its marketing department.</b>
    · Prophet Financial Systems, Inc. (“Prophet”), a California corporation, was acquired by the Company in January 2005. Prophet is a web-based content and services provider that enables active investors to use technical analysis to trade more profitably. Prophet’s website, http://www.prophet.net, is the premier web provider of advanced charting technology."

Frankly, I was fairly impressed with thinkorswim, because they gave free education, and had impressive tools, WITH FREE HELP IN USING THEM, but I won't consider them now that they've been acquired by Investools. I expect you will have to pay thousands of dollars to learn to use thinkorswim's tools now, too.

The Prophet connection is the source of Investools "Interactive Chart", and might be useful on its own if it weren't too expensive - I haven't checked, so I don't know if it is available on its own or not.

#40     Apr 8, 2007