InvesTools anyone?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by peekaboo2yoo, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Omega

Omega

Optimistic,

I understand where you're coming from. And I agree.

My problem lies with people suggesting they 'see' something on a chart, or are selling some 'discretionary', (now there's a term thrown around loosely), system and telling you 'it may not work for you'. Well, if we're looking at the same chart and looking for the same setup, what's the problem.

I wasn't referring to a system working in a trending market, as oppossed to a sideways market. Unless I misunderstood your post, so sorry in advance if I did.

Great idea about starting a club or a monthly meeting. I have thought that would be a thing to really help traders.

It's bad enough us retail guys are going up against the big boys, we need to share ideas.

OMEGA

#211     Dec 18, 2008
  2. Hi Omega,

I agree.

I think that most of the proprietary "systems" are simply shortcuts to technical analysis. Two problems with paying big bucks for that:
    . 1) We can do technical analysis without those special indicators (although beginnners may need those "training wheels").
    . 2) Technical analysis is not 100% predictive, so "this system may not work for you" is always a risk.

I threw in the part about the four market types in my last message because market change is one reason that no system CAN work all the time. (Sorry for the confusion).

I just got back from my investing group. The eight of us give each other trading ideas and also provide group therapy. We confess our mistakes to each other, and laugh and make each other feel better. When one of us is discouraged enough to quit, the others provide encouragement to hang in there and make money. A good group is worth a LOT. I can't stress it too much!

Optimistic

#212     Dec 19, 2008
  3. johnsdr

johnsdr

Are there any investor discussion groups meeting in the Houston, Woodlands, Kingwood, Spring, or Conroe, TX area?

#213     Dec 19, 2008
  4. dvdinvest

dvdinvest

anyone purchased from http://investoolsdvd.veevideo.com before?
    it's $40 only per title. anyone interested to share cost?
    steve nison videos can be downloaded... they also have investools dvd

#214     Jan 26, 2009
  5. tonyr

tonyr

I'm looking for someone to split the cost of the Investools training. And/or get some more feedback from someone who has gone through or is going through any of their 3 programs; associate, masters or PhD program. Any feedback would be helpful and anyone interested please contact me at tony.rr@charter.net. Thank you

#215     Nov 11, 2009
  6. tonyr

tonyr

I'm looking for someone to split the cost with. Are you still interested in the education. If so, contact me at tony.rr@charter.net

#216     Nov 11, 2009
  7. Investools is basically a bait-and-switch for overpriced education on standard options trading strategies

You can read the same stuff in a book

I have a friend who dropped $12K to become an become an Investools PHD --(whatever the hell that means) and never turned a dime on an options trade

I did the 3 day Investools course myself - $1K -- best money I ever spent - the course was a 3 day old-style snake-oil pitch complete with references to Mother Theresa and Ghandi
    Now I know what 21st Century snake oil salesmen look like..... Could'a cost me alot more to find out

#217     Nov 11, 2009
  8. Investools is a joke. "Gee, if you have 8 greens and 2 reds on this stock, should you buy?"

Seriously, limit your costs to a $100 to watch something for a basic education in the uselessness of depending on classic TA indicators, rather than doing your own research and study to learn how to trade. But thousands?

#218     Nov 12, 2009
  9. vicuob,

How do i get the DVDs from u? I am really interested

U listed the following earlier
    1) Investools Basic Options (DVD + Manual)
    2) Investools Advanced Options (DVD + Manual)
    3) Investools Advanced Technical Analysis (DVD + Manual)
    4) Investools Currency Trader (DVD + Manual)
    5) Steve Nison Profitting with Japanese Candlestick DVD
    6) Steve Nison Secrets to becoming a samurai trader : Advanced candlestick DVD

#219     Nov 6, 2010
  10. Brad108

Brad108

I purchased the Topinvestingtools "PhD Toolkit" and have been using it since July. It was only 77 bucks so I figured it was worth a try. I'm actually really pleased with it, especially all the tools and videos. It's going to take me a long time to get through all the material though, but I really like the way it's laid out. Also, I like the fact that there's so much in it and no monhtly fees involvd. So far I gotta say, I think this is a good way to go.

#220     Oct 1, 2011