InvesTools - a web service

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by MancheboZach, Jan 27, 2003.

1. I went to a seminar last week put on by IntesTools Investors Education, out of Provo, Utah. I consider myself a beginning investor, just getting dedicated to learning more. Since I have a math background and have worked in IT for a long time, I didn't expect to be scared off by anything I'd see at the seminar.

InvesTools pushes a two-day education seminar at around $4,000, aimed at using the tools that they provide. Their primary tool brings together on one chart industry group analysis, momentum indicators, fundamentals indicators, MACD and 30 Day Moving average. All of this is available in multiple other packages, although the interface here is very good.

What I found most interesting was the integration of insider trading volumes into the analysis.

MY QUESTIONS:
    1. Has anyone who reads these forums had experience with this company, or the people who run it, that they'd like to share?
    2. Is the integration of insider volumes (or really any data stream that's not part of the base package) something that any packages make easy to do? The key here is not just bringing up a sub-window to display the stream, but integrating the stream so that it's useful in analyzing and deciding what to do.

Here are two links to their sites (their tools site assumes you're a member for almost everything that's there):

www.investools.com/home.html

http://home2.investortoolbox.com/oit/home.asp