Investment Ideas for Traders

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jsmith, May 27, 2005.

1. jsmith

jsmith

I'm interested in hearing ideas from other traders where you guys diversify your money.

Suppose you're trading up your account to a size you don't need that much capital.

Where would you invest your excess capital?

1. Housing?
    2. Hedge Funds?
    3. Commodities (Gold)?
    4. Business?
    5. Other...?

2. patoo

patoo

diversify to me means get away from stocks, bonds and even commodities

I am doing real estate although lately it sure seems like a bubble is forming

3. own a cash business ;) on the side

4. Laundramats are great! All that equipment gets the 179 deduction up there to its max...thanks to President Bush.

Any business that requires equipment purchases is great!

Cash business can be a good thing, but remember to pay attention to your tax profile or you may trigger an audit. I believe in giving the IRS a little every quarter to keep them off my back...

Michael B.

5. Rehabilitation projects can be beneficial in RE. But I am not an expert.

I once was going to buy some section 8 stuff in Mississippi, as I had an idea that the rent would be paid directly to me from the US government, as I do not like to play landlord...

Michael B.

6. Section 8 I understand is quite profitable. However, in any dealings wth the gub'ner, you do always run the risk of falling afoul of some obscure rule and ending up in court or worse.

7. I diversify my money by burying it in different locations on the property of 2 different residences I own....:)

8. True and Car washes are great to own as well...And own them where you re-cycle the water used and you even help the environment while laughing all the way to the bank..:D