Investment Banks Eye 'Hedge Funds for the Masses’

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by OnClose, Jul 2, 2013.

1. I love the idea and carnage it will bring! They would now be able to put some real garbage on the plates of pensions and small investors. They would no linger need "Accredited Investors" to totally burn them..

Go Wall Street!

Churn and Burn Em

#11     Jul 6, 2013
  2. LOL.

My favorite research from obvious ponzi scams done by people is I asked them really tough questions!

Like are you scam? I usually ask.

It's amazing how many people think that grilling the salesman amounts to research. If they will mislead you on the investment, do you think they will tell you the truth when you grill them? ( Too many TV police and Perry Mason episodes I guess).

#12     Jul 6, 2013
  3. fox guarding the hen house. or in another words, a smooth way for big money to unload their crap on Mom and Pop accounts.

#13     Jul 6, 2013
  4. haha exactly. it's like being detained in a foreign country and brought into a windowless room and politely asked if you're a spy. what are you going to say?

a much more effective way to find out the truth would be to bug the salesman and listen to his conversations at the bar that night w/ his buddies after he's drunk and says "just earned a huge rip selling this muppet a huge POS HAHAHAHA".

#14     Jul 7, 2013
  5. I don't think so, but I also don't think that the hedge funds for the masses is a a good idea for the masses.

#15     Jul 9, 2013
  6. bonds

bonds

#16     Jul 9, 2013
  7. Ash1972

Ash1972

CNBC is also telling their viewers they cannot afford not to be "100% in stocks". Thanks. What were these guys saying in March 2009? "Cash is king. There are likely to be substantial further drops".

#17     Jul 9, 2013
  8. All depends on how it is arranged from the funds side : will many funds then appear ? will there be many league tables? How easily will any fund be able to raise money from the masses ? Can anybody set-up a fund and start advertising in the local newspaper ?

I think getting the masses to really get interested in finance and trading will get us into some very interesting times. :D

#18     Jul 9, 2013
  9. heywally

heywally

Have to agree.

Or, it could be yet another way for those at the top to vacuum money up from the bottom.

You'd think that 'retail traders' would know about the performance of the 'hedge' fund industry by now.

#19     Jul 9, 2013
  10. #20     Jul 9, 2013