Investment and trading regrets

Discussion in 'Trading' started by buttermarket, Feb 6, 2020.

1. My biggest regret is recommending personal close friends to buy stock and they lost money. The company went bankrupt and they average down on the investment.

They probably blame me for introducing to this crime racket.
    it's like introducing them to drugs..it's bad news.

I lost some friends because of that.

Nobert likes this.
  2. traider

traider

My regret is that I recommend a friend to buy Tesla stock. Now he is worth millions and laughing at me because I was too poor to load up

xiaolang, jys78, TooEffingOld and 2 others like this.
  3. ET180

ET180

Well, at least you found out that he's not your friend.

murray t turtle and Nobert like this.
  4. dozu888

dozu888

my regret is knowing that people out there not enjoying free virgins despite my efforts

5. #trenton #ghetto #allahuakbar

Nobert likes this.
  6. Nobert

Nobert

lol, based on what dozu wrote above -
    harsh, but honest.

Last hashtag, took me by surprise in this :

My regret ?

So far, hmnn, only errors and fails, nothing too big. I wish i joined ET earlier. This road - might get lonely. Like minded people, brings you back on the track.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  7. Overnight

Overnight

My biggest regrets in finance are not investing in MSFT back in 1995, FB when they went public in 2012 (and Ali Baba around that time), and being in a health care fund. What a piece of dog-shit health care has been for the last 3-4 years. POS.

8. because you were impatient., traders don't care about long term investing. you need cashflow to pay bills.. that is the difference between traders and investors. investors can just hold and not withdraw cash. 10 years is long time to hold into any investment. you need money NOW ,rent is due end of month. health bills due , credit card bills due etc.

investors and traders are not in the same boat.

9. most people are in debt and have no money to invest. I need the money NOW not when I'm 65 years old. it's over by the time your 70. prepare to shop for cementary and save for your funeral cost.

I don't understand why people spend any money on funeral cost,,it's $100 and get cremated paid by the gov't

or have the luxury like pension funds that receive monthly cashflow from working stiffs who work their ass off and end of the month 5% is deducted and transferred to wall street. that is the BS

10. In my opinion, should not have any regret. Mistakes and failures are lessons.

#10     Feb 6, 2020
    lovethetrade and Nobert like this.