Investing Tips

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TraderTactics, Jan 9, 2010.

1. See monthly charts (5+ years).. look for trends or areas of major support and buy and hold.. add on areas of opportunity. Research fundamentals.. p/e, peg, book, etc which is important for "investors". Investing is about having an inherent belief in the company and/or its products and services.. trading is mere speculation on short term price movement.. trading is zero(minus) sum game.. investing is positive sum.

#11     Jan 11, 2010
  2. Yes of course nutmeg, thank you.

#12     Jan 20, 2010
  3. supremo

supremo

R.Kiyosaki says " Investing is not risky, it is the investors that are risky"...

At first, I didnt understand what this guy wanted to point out, until I've learned that if one wanted to invest, he/she should have a basic knowledge of what investment he/she wanted to go in.

#13     Jan 22, 2010
  4. chalice

chalice

My advice is never to invest more than you can afford to lose.

#14     Jan 22, 2010
  5. rew

rew

Well, this web site is for traders, not investors. So the first thing you need to know about investing is the difference between that and trading. Nobody invests in forex or stock options, but many people trade those assets.

Investors look for strong balance sheets, ample cash flow, and sound management. Traders look for ways to guess whether a chart will go up or down.

#15     Jan 22, 2010